First off! Introduce yourself!

Options
STEP 1. Answer these questions:

- How many kids do you have?
- How much weight did you gain and have you lost any of it?
- What is your goal?
- What is keeping you from attaining that goal?

STEP 2. Friend everyone who joins this group so we can hold each other accountable with our progress.

STEP 3. Check in daily to participate in the daily challenge which will be posted here.

Thanks for joining! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends!

Replies

• jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    uuj1o4aexmyc.png
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My name is Emily and I'm 31.

How many kids do you have? Two little girls. They are 15 months and 3.5 months.

How much weight did you gain and have you lost any of it? 40ish pounds by the end of my second pregnancy. Have lost 19 pounds so far.

What is your goal? My goal weight is 130..so 53 pounds left to go :)

What is keeping you from attaining that goal? Nothing! I know what I want and how I'll get there!!
  • weyheykaela
    weyheykaela Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michaela. I'm turning 20 in October. I have one child, her name is Scarlett and she is 6weeks old. I started my pregnancy at 128lbs, and got up to 165. I am 147lbs now, so ive got about 20lbs to go. The main thing holding me back is that I cant seem to stop eating for two, and I sleep ALL day except when my baby is up.
  • BohemianTanya
    BohemianTanya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hhwyo74jetnq.png
  • Thafethik
    Thafethik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 42, mother to 4 kids. My whole life i was 135 until my last 2 kids. My heaviest was 262 and I'm 5ft 9in. I'm down to 203 but this has been my weight for several years. My goal is 160

I have psoriatic arthritis, it's medically needed for me to loose this weight. My joints flare and then add the weight, it's just too much.

I stay home and I nanny , so I bought a used treadmill. I have golds but froze it. I find I actually work out with it in my home vs excuses that its to far too the gym. I also know I need to be held accountable for food. I make poor choices or I don't eat enough which is worse.

I'm also newly remarried and he may be here soon, so I also want to surprise him. ♡
    Good luck to everyone, feel free to add me
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    eyrj44pndpoy.jpeg
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michaela. I'm turning 20 in October. I have one child, her name is Scarlett and she is 6weeks old. I started my pregnancy at 128lbs, and got up to 165. I am 147lbs now, so ive got about 20lbs to go. The main thing holding me back is that I cant seem to stop eating for two, and I sleep ALL day except when my baby is up.

Give yourself some grace. Baby is still pretty new & sleep is ever so important. If you can try to fit in a nice little walk with the stroller (baby will probably nap and you will get some "me" time). Fresh air will do you both good and you will be moving. Before you know it you will find your groove and quality sleep will arrive.
    It's so important to make sure you are both getting enough nutrients so just try to focus on quality when you eat, drink lots of water and don't sweat the quantity too much unless it's constant and in that case distract yourself with more walks. You can do this!
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    STEP 1. Answer these questions:

- How many kids do you have?
    - How much weight did you gain and have you lost any of it?
    - What is your goal?
    - What is keeping you from attaining that goal?

STEP 2. Friend everyone who joins this group so we can hold each other accountable with our progress.

STEP 3. Check in daily to participate in the daily challenge which will be posted here.

Thanks for joining! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends!

Maybe you can revise step 3 to encourage participation in the challenges section ran by Kim?
  • BookBanshee12
    BookBanshee12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Annie, I am a 29 year old SAHM of 4 girls (8,6,5,3). I gained a total of 51 pounds during and after pregnancy, I was able to drop 20 of those pounds about 2 years ago but I gained it all right back.
    My goal is to drop 30 pounds, and after I have reached that to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. I have made the mistake of not continuing my journey once I hit my goal weight.
    The main thing keeping me from my goal is limited time, and not making the time for myself. Also beer. Which I have dropped from my diet save for 1 night on the weekends. Soon it will be all together, especially when I start plateauing.
    I am excited to be here and am ready to start focusing more time on me and my health.

• kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi @jenniebean310 I invited everyone to move over to this group. Thanks so much for your encouragement to participate in the challenges. :) I also want to say that I saw your photo in the other thread, and WOW you are amazing! Keep up the good work!!!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I am a mom of 7. My older 4 are out of the house (28-19) and now at home I have a 3 year old and 11 month old twins (boy, and boy/girl). I gained a normal amount with all my pregnancies, but always ended up 5 pounds heavier than I started. My highest weight was 5 years ago when I hit 220. I lost down to 152 and then I decided to try to have a baby. I started that pregnancy at157. I started my twin pregnancy at 165. I am now at 163. Many days are still like survival mode around here and my sleep is still very interrupted, so it is a bit of a struggle to concentrate on my diet, but I am 44 and need to get back to healthy eating and exercise to find some energy to keep up with these munchkins!
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Chelsea and I am a 28 year old mom of two. I have a son who is 2 and a daughter who is five months. I weighed 212lbs when I was hugely pregnant and then dropped to 202lbs by the time I left the hospital. I kept losing very fast for the first two weeks after birth and then it stopped at 185lbs(so I consider 185 my starting point). So far I have lost 24 lbs (I weigh 161 lbs now). I would like to get down to 140 lbs again (that's what I weighed before I had my son). At that point I will probably focus more on body composition and let the scale do what it will. I am very motivated to reach my goals. Currently my main challenge is just finding the time to get a workout in. With 2 kids 2 and under it is difficult to find the me time.
  • mrslambert824
    mrslambert824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Priscilla!!
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    New & old mamma's welcome!

Kim - It has not been an easy journey going up & down the last 6 years but this year has been the most consistent change (22# in reality and that's while building muscle). It has taken a long time for me to really SEE the results but I'm not at goal yet! Habit is now formed though and I plan on keeping it that way! So again thank you for the positive reinforcement!
  • sNachers
    sNachers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie, and I'm months away from turning 30. I have a 12 and 5 year old. I bounced back from my first pregnancy, and with my second I only gained twenty pounds, but started at my heaviest, 170. I dropped the twenty within weeks but stayed at 170 for quite a while and decided it was time for a change. I changed my career, I started eating healthy and exercising every day! I got down to 130, and I was so dang happy!
    Then struggles happened at home, things became very depressing and I slowly gained and gained. I stopped caring what I was eating, drinking, and completely stopped working out. It's been two years, currently I am at 155 and my goal is 135. I know I need to change, I want to be more healthy! I need to love my body and take care of it! I enjoyed reading everyone's stories and I'm excited to be a part of this group! :)
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    @ststarks I feel ya'! You sound a lot like my 5 year struggle with the past year being super intense. You have great support here, just don't forget who you are in the game for....YOU & nail it!
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    @jmroemer welcome & I understand all too well. I know what it's like to have a spouse who is rarely around & few to lean on. Try to focus on healthy nutritious snacks & hang in there. Don't get too hard on yourself, hang in there.
  • kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @ststarks Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the group. I can relate. It's been a roller coaster for me too.