The Confessional

Options
kimpacheco22
kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Ok, ok. It's time to confess! I have a little confession to make, I like to drink wine while I cook and listen to my favorite oldies. The problem is that I cook EVERY night. Soooo, I know this is ultimately what's keeping me from reaching my goal. I'm really struggling to quit drinking. :(

I feel it's important to be honest with yourself in order to make changes. As they say, the first step is admitting there is a problem.

Anyone else have a confession to make? Also any suggestions on how or what I could do to kill that craving for wine?

Replies

• RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... This is awesome. I love wine!

Yesterday I skipped my workout. It was really hot and I started it twice but I kept stopping after a few minutes because it was too hot and I was feeling lazy. I also am a little addicted to my protein shake. I used to just drink it after workouts but now sometimes I drink it as a snack. I tell my self it is ok because I will make up the calories when I get a work out in later but then on days like yesterday I end up in trouble because I don't always do my workout.
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love wine!!!! I moved our wine rack into the garage behind lock & key so That it's harder from me to get ahold of & makes me more conscious.

That aside my huge downfalls are red meat & cheese. So much so that they aren't stocked in the home. My problem is when we go out it is all too tempting to splurge on rather than something more lean. Twice this week I have ate red meat out & there were better options on the table that I could have picked & loved.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love an occasional wine too, but my real love is rum! I have made it my goal to only have a rum with diet coke on the weekends. It helps that I like to have company when I have a cocktail and my husband is super stubborn and has amazing willpower, so I only imbibe when he does!

My confession for today is that I am roasting a turkey today, and I am having sausage stuffing with it! But I will minimize the damage by staying on plan the rest of the day and tomorrow the leftovers will go to my son's house!
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, once the kids have gone to sleep. I like to sit down with a cup of tea, only thing is I like to have something sweet with it. Before I would have a chocolate bar, but I have stopped that habit.
    However, I'm having either a biscuit or another form of chocolate.
    Need to find something else to curb my sweet tooth.
  • sNachers
    sNachers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok. It's time to confess! I have a little confession to make, I like to drink wine while I cook and listen to my favorite oldies. The problem is that I cook EVERY night. Soooo, I know this is ultimately what's keeping me from reaching my goal. I'm really struggling to quit drinking. :(

I feel it's important to be honest with yourself in order to make changes. As they say, the first step is admitting there is a problem.

Anyone else have a confession to make? Also any suggestions on how or what I could do to kill that craving for wine?

I hope i'm doing this quote thing right, I'm such a posting newb.

Anyway, YES! Kim, I'm in the same boat. I do SO WELL at work all day, and then I come home and I'll have a nice size glass of wine while cooking dinner. Or maybe a beer while we grill outside. I absolutely crave the relaxing feeling I get when I'm doing my thing in the kitchen and sipping on that wine!
  • kiwitreelady
    kiwitreelady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't function without chocolate. If I don't have any handy, you can find me baking after the kids go to bed. I need to have reasonably sized sweets in the house.
  • mrslambert824
    mrslambert824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can't function without chocolate. If I don't have any handy, you can find me baking after the kids go to bed. I need to have reasonably sized sweets in the house.

I'm a sweet a holic too! I have a hard time because my husband loves junk food, so if I'm not feeling 100% motivated, there's ALWAYS temptations that can (and do) get the better of me.
  • Skyygraphx
    Skyygraphx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge foodie and I grew up in an Italian family with chef for a mom.....so I have virtually no self control when it comes to edibles. It's almost like having a literal addiction to food sometimes. It's especially bad when I'm stressed, then I find myself eating EVERYTHING.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Skyygraphx wrote: »
    I'm a huge foodie and I grew up in an Italian family with chef for a mom.....so I have virtually no self control when it comes to edibles. It's almost like having a literal addiction to food sometimes. It's especially bad when I'm stressed, then I find myself eating EVERYTHING.

I am a total stress eater as well! Breastfeeding the twins has totally saved me this past year, because I swear I was always munching on something to avoid a complete meltdown! ! Without all the calories they took I would have been starting this journey at a much higher weight!

• jenniebean310
    Options
    I used to be that way but I flipped a switch and decided that if I wasn't hungry but reaching for food it was time to workout even if I could only do ( minutes. Hang in there.
  • marlies74
    marlies74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    (...) Soooo, I know this is ultimately what's keeping me from reaching my goal. I'm really struggling to quit drinking. :(

Wow, this is SOOO me... I feel kind of ashamed for this 'drinking on a daily basis'. I used to tell myself it's benificial for the heart, but the truth is I can't really stop. I think I have cut back to approx. 30% of the days now, but it's a struggle. I've been making myself spritzed white wine, but it turns out to be no solution because I 'gulp this away' like soda. :open_mouth:

• Thafethik
    Thafethik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocolate junkie, well all sugar is my downfall. I also eat when depressed
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm scared of tipping towards the other extreme and not eating enough. This week has been super tough. I did much better on Thursday and Friday but the beginning of the week, I knew I wasn't eating nearly enough.

It seems odd to me, someone that's struggle with binging for so many years that this is a real concern of mine.
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    I loose my appetite when I'm depressed anymore & basically have to force myself to eat however drinking those calories as counterproductive as it is comes easily. I've been struggling really hard the last few days but have been giving it my best.
  • kimpacheco22
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @marlies74 sorry I'm late with this reply, I wasn't feeling so good last week and I stayed away. But, I'm back now. And yes, I feel you on that struggle. I'm going to take it one day at a time as well. I think the best way is to wean off, instead of cold turkey. It's weird because I'm perfectly fine at work without the wine, but as soon as I get home my brain goes "It's wine O'clock!" Lol
  • sNachers
    sNachers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @kimpacheco22 I know exactly how you feel. While at work or at home on my days off I'm fine, but when I get home or when it's time to cook supper it just clicks. For me I think it is just the relaxing feeling I get from holding and sipping it. Last week I did terrible, way too many stressful days. This week I've decided to drink a lime sparkling water if I get the craving for wine or a beer.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @quiltlovinlisa I can totally relate to both sides of the extreme! Many years ago (pre-motherhood) I stopped eating almost completely. The more weight I lost, the more motivated I was to starve myself. Soon enough it was so easy for me to ignore the hunger pangs. I was so thin that I was shopping in the little girls section. Fast forward post childbirth, I go through phases of binge eating, and all the feelings of disgust, depression and remorse that come with. It seems like both extremes, although on opposite sides, are correlated somehow.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @sNachers Yes, exactly, the soothing feeling of sipping - oral fixation. I like drinking Chamomile tea when I'm trying to quit drinking, it relaxes me and puts me to bed earlier. I love the idea of sparkling water, I'll try that while cooking tonight!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I am doing much better this week on eating balanced. I think last week was part stress on starting a new job.
  • klemburg11
    klemburg11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well here i go! Been putting off a 1st date. Finally agreed...been slowly gaining my confidence from being on mfp.