Having trouble connecting Fitbit to MyFitnessPal

Options
I had been using MFP and Fitbit together for a few months up until about June and had no problems. I stopped using MFP for a while but starting using it again today. I logged my food and it instantly connected to Fitbit, but for some reason MFP won't show my calorie adjustment. Has anyone else encountered this problem/know how to fix it?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    People have been having intermittent problems, but I don't know if there is a pattern to it. The first thing to check is that your MFP Step Source is set to Fitbit Tracker. On the mobile app, go to Steps and make sure it is set correctly. Or on the website, go to Apps -> Steps for the same thing.
  • Adiemus500
    Adiemus500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem today. Its my first day back to mfp after taking a bit of a break. I walked 24,000 steps today and none of my exercise calories will come across to mfp. :(
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Adiemus500 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem today. Its my first day back to mfp after taking a bit of a break. I walked 24,000 steps today and none of my exercise calories will come across to mfp. :(

Make sure to read the post right above yours.

I know the app view can make it easy to miss advice already given.
  • Adiemus500
    Adiemus500 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    yep, I read the advice. I was just saying I was having the same problem.......thanks anyway.
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Also having issues following that disaster in June where EVERYONE was having problems. At least once a week since things appeared "fixed" I've had to unlink and relink my accounts. Usually fixes the problem but not today...
  • marcy2400
    marcy2400 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated about NOT getting my fitbit to show on mfp. I have done all the reading, link, unlink, log out, log in, resync etc etc etc. nothing is working. Just about at the point of going to use another app that does work. After reading i see mfp has had issues with this and its not fixed. anyone else using something that works?
  • garlicpatch
    garlicpatch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got my first Fitbit a week ago today and haven't been able to get the calorie adjustment to work. Syncing of food and weight works in both directions, but the calorie adjustment doesn't show up at all. There was one day I was able to get an adjustment to show one time by de-linking and relinking my MFP and Fitbit accounts, but the adjustment never updated throughout the day, and it hasn't worked since. I think I have all the settings right--negative adjustments are also enabled.

I guess at least food syncing works so I can use MFP to log food and just use Fitbit's best guess of my calorie target for the day. I'm not the biggest fan of MFP's food logging, but Fitbit's is really terrible.
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Now I'm not syncing period. Sometimes if adjustment isn't showing up on main page it does show up under "Check-In," but that's crap today too
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Seldom have problems, but appears that sync from FitBit to MFP might be down again. Have done all normal troubleshooting. Will keep checking.
  • rufus_187
    rufus_187 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Seldom have problems, but appears that sync from FitBit to MFP might be down again. Have done all normal troubleshooting. Will keep checking.

Looks like there may have been a small update that "fixed" things that weren't broken.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Mine was working fine until yesterday when MFP had an update. Since then they sync, but only one way. Fitbit is getting my food/water entries, and weight. But MFP isn't getting anything from fitbit.

Tried:
    Disconnecting apps: waited 30minutes and re-connect. Nothing.
    Unistalling apps: nothing
    Logging off both accounts and logging back in: nothing
    Restarting phone: nope, nothing
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @capaul42 : Did you check your step source setting? Especially after the disconnect/reconnect. (That may not be the problem, but that is one step I didn't see listed.)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    @capaul42 : Did you check your step source setting? Especially after the disconnect/reconnect. (That may not be the problem, but that is one step I didn't see listed.)

I did! Thanks for mentioning it earlier @NancyN795
    That did the trick. Did take about 15 minutes before the sync actually worked but it did the trick!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem (one-way syncing) for about three days. I've disconnected/revoked and reconnected and still no steps/exercise from FitBit to MFP. I emailed support and they said they were aware of it, but still not working as of today.
  • SimpleHONesty
    SimpleHONesty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

Finally got mine sorted out by clicking on this link and selecting "Fitbit", hopefully it'll help some other people out too!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I was sure that had been selected before, but maybe in the revoking hokey pokey, it got removed. Anyway, Just used that link and I AM BACK IN ACTION. Thanks so much!!!!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I tried the link and disconnected and reconnected my Fitbit but my fitness pal still won't sync. The app shows last sync yesterday. I guess I'll just wait it out until the problem is fixed.
  • TheAbulator
    TheAbulator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still having issues connecting, check out this link https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

I ended up disconnecting MFP from Fitbit's end and that seemed to work. Good luck to everyone!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I like that they say after the disconnect and the revoking...

wait 15 minutes

(why am I betting that's not done very often)

Then go through initial sync setup.

I really think they should include in there exit both apps, don't just get out, sign-out.
    After the web part has been done again - then log into the apps again.
  • cincomomma
    cincomomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you NancyN795! My hasn't been linking my steps to MFP for a few weeks now! Just tonight saw this board. I didn't know about the step setting. It was off when I checked it.