after dinner snack idea

Options
kennygang
kennygang Posts: 93 Member
I really love this WOE but am having trouble of trying to find something "desert like" to have after dinner. Any suggestions???

Replies

• cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as well.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Avocado mixed with cocoa powder, mix well, put in the freezer for 30 mins and voila chocolate ice cream.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I can't allow myself to have a sweet after dinner food on a daily basis. That need is a problem for me as I was at a point where I "needed" something sweet after every meal before I started the woe. I reserve a dessert for special occasions only.
    BUT, I will have a bit of dark chocolate a couple times a week if I'm in the mood for it. Or a flavored tea.
    Be careful feeding the sweet tooth monster too often
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful of anything sweet too! Once I allow the sweet taste to cross my lips I am liable to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a bag of Oreo's! Lol! But there are many many recipes that look and sound absolutely delicious. I have seen a lot posted on here for mug cakes which of course would help with portion control issues.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My husband also does low carb. His after-dinner snack is a cup of sugar free jello (0 carbs) topped with Land O Lakes sugar free heavy cream whipped cream aerosol (0 carbs). Here's a link to the whipped cream https://landolakes.com/products/half-half-and-whipping-cream/whipping-cream/land-o-lakes-reg;-aerosol-whipped-cream/

I like plain yogurt with about 1-2 tablespoons of soy nuts and a squirt of flavor enhancer.
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello (can also mix with HWC to make mousse)
    Alpro Soya Yoghurt with Almond
    99% Chocolate
    Cream Cheese Pancake with Sugar Free Syrup

• lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1/4 c ricotta cheese, dash of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg (basically pumpkin pie spice as long as it doesn't contain sugar), 1/8 - 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 packet sweetner
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another sugar free Jello eater here and I admit to rarely entering it in my diary. I make in a pint container and eat as much as I want while pretending it's a pint of ice cream.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I just eat straight mascarpone (the cheese used in tiramisu) if I want something sweet. Though, sweet is relative, and some would possibly find it bland, as I've never been big on sweet things anyway.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There are many options available. Put the word Keto in front of any recipe into Google, and you will find what you want! I didn't get in to using any of these since I'm super sensitive to artificial sweeteners, but many can consume them without any problems! Good luck!

The biggest hurdle for me was to overcome the habit of eating things at certain times of the day. The "after supper snack" was probably the hardest! I fell back to my mantra for those times it got difficult, which was simple (but worked for me). I continuously told myself that, "I am making the choice for me!" , and this was enough to get me through the situation.
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make a cup of Bigelow's Salted Caramel black tea and drink it with a tablespoon or two of HWC.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of greek yogurt with a handful of fresh raspberries or strawberries with chopped almonds and touch of honey.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    tribal351 wrote: »
    Cheddar cheese and pepperoni. Sweetest snack ever

A slice of good aged cheddar will take away any craving!!! <3 Provided you can eat cheese with no problem
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    We need a "Yum" reaction button.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    24gl9jzphtsx.jpg

I get these at Walmart. 2 cups hit the spot. Strawberry, orange, lime & black cherry.
    I like to mix & match :)

>:) or o:)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    We need a "Yum" reaction button.

LOL I like the way your mind works @kpk54!! :D
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry just before bed I eat a tablespoon of almond butter. Tastes wonderful and fills me up. Yum.

Or I make a bomb with coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder, plus sweetener to taste. Again, yum.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have found that the jello snack cups have fewer carbs than make yourself boxes (pudding anyway). I buy those and honestly I've fallen in love with Russell Stover Sugar Free bites. Chocolate covered blueberry, orange or pomegranate I think...2 Net carbs (minus sugar alcohols and fiber) for 10 of em....LOVE them!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I really need it...I do a square (or two!) of Ghirardelli dark chocolate 86%.

I'd love to try a recipe for fat bombs or an excellent low carb brownie mix I have squirreled away, but like @Sunny_Bunny_ I had quite a sugar demon and in the past have been... gluttonous. To put it nicely. I'm not sure I trust myself with a whole pan of brownies or a tray of fat bombs yet. :neutral: