NSV: Energy for hours

Options
co_lau
co_lau Posts: 35 Member
I took a mid-distance bike ride today, my first proper ride since starting low carb at the beginning of August. Normally I can ride or run for 2 - 2.5 hours and then food becomes a necessity.

Today I rode for 2 hours and could tell my energy reserves were still completely full with no food consumed while riding. Aside from mildly lactic quads (I hadn't ridden longer than an hour at a time for 10 weeks), I felt as good at 2 hours in as when I'd settled my bum on the saddle to start riding.

It felt very good to round out my ride and realize I could keep going, not just a bit more, but a lot more.

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes! Being bonk proof is freedom.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yup, being keto adapted is a truly wonderful thing. I chose when to eat. My body is no longer a tamagochi I have to feed every 4 hours.

Enjoy the new feeling of boundless energy! Just be mindful of not training too hard :) It's easy to forget to stop just because it feels so great to be able to keep pushing.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats on the energy boost! I've been in ketosis since May and have yet to gain any energy. My appetite is under control so that is good. 30 lbs down...awesome. Just tired. Stress most likely. I have an abundance of that lately!

Electrolytes are above what is recommended so it is NOT that.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am beginning to feel this myself and it's great! The past 3 days I have really turned a corner. I have more energy, am feeling in better control of my electrolytes and my total calorie goal. I have stopped having cravings and I just feel really good. My TOM started yesterday morning and I have fewer cramps and still have energy. This morning I drank 1 cup of chicken broth with 1 tbsp of coconut oil before my workout, at around 5:45 a.m. and didn't eat breakfast until about 9:15. I wasn't starving, I wasn't shaking I was just a little hungry and ready to eat.