after dinner snack idea

Options

Replies

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have the worst sugar addiction ever, so like the ladies above, I am reluctant to get into anything that even smacks of dessert, much less make a tray or pan full of anything! I do sometimes cut a Quest bar in half (I know, it's a frankenfood) and consider that a treat. I wish I liked the higher percentage chocolate bars, but have always been a milk chocolate lover and consider them way too bitter to eat.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    I have the worst sugar addiction ever, so like the ladies above, I am reluctant to get into anything that even smacks of dessert, much less make a tray or pan full of anything! I do sometimes cut a Quest bar in half (I know, it's a frankenfood) and consider that a treat. I wish I liked the higher percentage chocolate bars, but have always been a milk chocolate lover and consider them way too bitter to eat.

I used to love milk chocolate but these days anything less than dark is way too sweet. I've become so accustom to no sugar overall that I can't even eat a sugar free hershey bar
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention olives?
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just clean my teeth if I am craving something but I'm not genuinely hungry. The dentist likes this too :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    mmmmm green olives....
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This, with a dollop of HWC.
    phd8ajg7jtg2.png
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    This, with a dollop of HWC.
    phd8ajg7jtg2.png

I'm diggin on the sweet harvest pumpkin meself.
  • whisker1984
    whisker1984 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've been enjoying 1/4 to 1/2 of a Quest bar as my evening treat (I have the macros leftover to justify a full bar but usually find I don't need it). I eat slowly and drink at least 16 oz. of water with it. I find it's perfect for satisfying that craving, and at this stage of my plan I'm okay with having a "crutch" for my sweet tooth as long as I'm on target otherwise! It's really the big picture that matters, not whether or not I like an evening snack or a sweet taste occasionally -- that mentality has been helping me, anyway. :)
  • ItsAliaa
    ItsAliaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Atkins sweets? They contain little to no carbs and are high on protein and fat, they taste exactly like candy, you can't even taste the difference at all.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ItsAliaa wrote: »
    Have you tried Atkins sweets? They contain little to no carbs and are high on protein and fat, they taste exactly like candy, you can't even taste the difference at all.

I tried the chocolate peanut ones - they were terrible!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I loved some of their bars, but the moment I started eating them, my weight loss stopped. I was well withing my 1200 calories. My husband tried them too and the same happened. We stopped eating them and soon weight loss resumed.
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Atkins sweets?

Not sure about the candies, but I have tried the Atkins Cookie's & Cream bar. It was delicious. Unfortunately, it bumped me out of ketosis and induced terrible sugar cravings for 12 hours afterwards. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones that's sensitive to sugar alcohols...I gave the rest of the box away. :|
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like a few of the Atkins treats. I rely on Frankenfood as needed, and I feel pretty guilt-free about doing so. It works for me, and I only go to those if I can. I'd rather have that than cave in to a Snickers bar...it's all about perspective. Someday, perhaps, I'll be able to give them up without much thought. I have noticed one thing - the further into the low carb I am, the less I'm even looking for the sweet stuff. I will have froyo on occasion, but it's really not too bad if I keep the portion to a reasonable size. Anyway - it's how I manage for now :) On a side note, I'm quite fond of 90% chocolate with almond butter on top. I have a square now and then to avoid worse things lol. For example, I just had that snack to avoid eating like 25 tiny chocolate chip muffins that are seated directly behind me today. All day. Gotta do what ya gotta do :)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I actually took some mascarpone cheese and put a couple of drops of stevia on it and it was amazing.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We enjoy the Atkins sweets, especially the Chocolate Caramel Nut Rolls, the Peanut Butter Cups, and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Bars.
  • ketold727
    ketold727 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to do the following but be warned of calories. It is delicious and low carbon but high density.

2 cup of whipped cream
    1 cup of mascarpone
    1 container of oikos Greek yogurt
    5 packets of sweetner

blend and top with cinnamon.

this would last me 5 days or so... but be careful to not grab the whole thing and realise you just ate 1000+ calories in one sitting
    so good though
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My go to 'sweet' snack of late is a 1/3rd apple sliced up, dipping them in 2 tablespoons of almond butter. I portion off the remaining apple into two more zip bags and squeeze some lime over them to keep from browning, then refrigerate for later.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I eat this almost every night. I usually add 50 grams of cut up strawberries.

http://eat-drink-love.com/2015/06/whipped-chocolate-ricotta/
    fz70w3snmbox.png

• suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Here is my current favorite fat bomb (who named them that?) I called it Toffee Cocoa fat bombs. While I don't use these as a dessert, they could work that way. I use them if I'm low on fat for the day to boost my macro% to where it needs to be.

1 tbsp(s), Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
    • 0.50 cup(s), Natural Peanut Butter
    • 3 Tbsp (1fl oz) Sugar Free English Toffee Syrup
    • 2 tablespoon, Butter
    • 1 cup Coconut Oil, Unrefined
    • 4 oz, Cream Cheese (Dutch Farms has only 1 g carb per serving)

Put all this in a saucepan on very low heat and stir till all is dissolved. If the heat is too high, it will scorch and you can taste that scorched flavor in it.

This makes about thirty 2-TBL bombs. I use the mini-muffin pan liners for these. Place in the freezer for one hour, transfer to a freezer safe container or bag and enjoy at will. Here is the nutritional info:
    Cals 113
    Fat 12 g
    Carb 1 g
    Protein 2 g
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used to only like milk/white chocolate but lately I'm into Lindt excellence 90% dark - 14g carbs per 100g so I get 20g for under 3 carbs. It's really smooth tasting and not bitter. If you wanted something sweeter you could melt it, mix in some cream, butter and sweetener then reset it in the fridge. I quite like that it's unsweet as it stops me getting cravings.

Strong cheese isn't a dessert but it's a rich taste that will help you feel you've finished a meal.

Or a few berries and some cream.