(DISCUSSION) Let's learn more!

Options
ColtonrDaniels
ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
So everyone here seems like pretty good people. I love you all and just think we can all benefit from learning more about each other. We have more in common than Dave Lang and a little extra baggage. Here is a fun little something that if you don't participate it's no big deal really, just putting stuff out to get people more comfortable.

Some questions will be MFP related and some just random questions.
  • What do you like to do on your days off?
  • What's you favorite meal/snack?
  • Do you like to cook? What's your favorite food?
  • What do you like to work on to better your body?
  • What's your dream job?
  • What healthy food would you recommend people try?
  • Have you ever won anything?
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Replies

• ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do on your days off?
    Currently, my days off consist of fishing on Wednesday, and Tuesday sending out resumes and games.

What's you favorite meal/snack?
    I honestly could eat chicken tenders forever.

Do you like to cook? What's your favorite food?
    Yes, I love to cook when I have the time, chicken is by far my favorite food.

What do you like to work on to better your body?
    Walking and jogging with like a 5-pound weight.

What's your dream job?
    A job in the Game Industry

What healthy food would you recommend people try?
    I would recommend people looking for a filling breakfast get a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of natural peanut butter. A small amount of calories and sticks to you.

Have you ever won anything?
    I once placed 1st place in a local Halo 2 tournament, pretty damn proud of it!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    I hope in 5 years that I have landed a position at a game studio, working my way up the ladder. Move to a new state and marry (that's looking way sooner to happen).
  • Variant3
    Variant3 Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    • Right now my only real day off is Tuesday. I usually hang out with my wife, play video games, and occasionally work on a project of some kind.
    • I've also been trying to get a group together to play tabletop games on Tuesdays with no such luck. ¯\_ツ_/¯
    • Cereal is probably my favorite snack. Many different varieties and good sized bowl will fill me up for a bit without a ton of calories.
    • I love cooking breakfast. Nothing fancy just scrambled eggs, hash-browns, turkey bacon, and toast. I guess I enjoy trying to perfect my system and turn myself into a highly efficient breakfast making machine. B)
    • My favorite class of food would probably be sandwiches. You can put so many different things between some bread and have it be good.
    • I mostly rely on my job for a daily workout. Otherwise I lift weights at home. When I had a gym membership I really enjoyed their elliptical machines because of how easy they are on the knees.
    What's your dream job?
    • If you had asked me even a month ago I would have said a job in the Games Industry. Now I would probably say a good paying job I don't hate that would allow me to work on projects in my spare time. I really just want to give people interesting stories and experiences.
    • Despite many contradicting studies I would say eggs. They have a lot of protein and taste great. Sometimes I'll hard boil a dozen for my lunches or just a snack!
    Have you ever won anything? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    • If I get a promotion I'm going for right now then I'll probably have some kids and a new house or something. If not, I'm going to try to go back to school. A lot is hinging on this promotion so everything is in flux at the moment.
  • rwhansen74
    rwhansen74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    • Binge games, take long walks by the lake, lie around and decompress, take short trips out of town for rock shows.
    • Meal? Does a whole pizza count? ;) Snacks? Taki's.
    • I do, but I probably only cook 2-3 times a week. Since I live alone I try to plan meals out so I can have leftovers for a few days. I love Chinese food above all else but I don't cook it. My go to meals to make are chicken marsala, tacos (I live next to a carniceria so I mix it up), and whatever I feel like throwing in to a curry.
    • Currently I'm completely focused on cardio. I will eventually start doing more with weights because I know it's a better burn, but my stamina is poor and I would like to be able to keep a decent jog/running pace for more than a few minutes. I want to swim but I don't have pool access and the riptides in the lake will surely drag me in the the abyss.
    What's your dream job?
    • Anything that would let or require me to travel and work on the road or from home.
    • I used to hate zucchini but I started grilling it and I can't get enough of it now, so any of the summer squash. Don't cover them in cheese.
    • 5th place bowling trophy in high school in 2005!
    • Living in Chicago, probably still working where I am now, but in a better position.
  • lightpohl
    lightpohl Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    • Hangout with the wife, play video games, and watch TV. My group of friends likes to play board games sometimes too
    • Recently, it's been jambalaya. I could eat it every meal. It's SO good. Even bad jambalaya is good jambalaya.
    • Not a great cook, unfortunately. I also don't make time for it.
    • Running a lot. I've signed up for several races over the next 6 months to keep me on my training plan. They're non-refundable, so I don't have much of a choice. :tongue:
    • I also recently purchased a bike for a different cardio workout. Haven't really ridden a bike in over a decade, so it's still a little frightening.
    What's your dream job?
    • I would love to do software development for a non-profit with a mission that I respected. Doing meaningful work is probably what I crave most.
    • Not really a particular healthy food, but...I normally hate most vegetables, but if they're thrown into a soup they taste fine. Put everything in soup!
    • I won an award at a 24-hour hackathon a few years ago for a simple application I made.
    • Hopefully working for the same company I just started at today. Would love to have my own house by then too. *fingers crossed*
  • harrisfoster
    harrisfoster Posts: 2 Member
    Options

- When I'm not in class, I like to play video games like most of the folks around here. I mainly like working on console modification, being able to play romhacks or weird homebrew games on my systems is super interesting to me.

- Every time I get asked this question, the first thing that comes to mind is Fried Chicken. Writing this sentence right now is even making me crave it, but I'm sticking to this calorie counting business so I'll have to hold off on that until a cheat day

- I love to cook, but as a student I hardly ever have enough money to make all the crazy-*kitten* stuff I love. My favorite dish to make is tacos, luckily a pretty cheap meal, but I'm always down to grill a steak if my budget permits :)

- I really should do sit-ups and cardio, but I get bored easily working out. The only way you'll get me to get outside and moving is by putting a podcast in my ear. Gotta have something to occupy me.

What's your dream job?

- I would love to be a producer at either a super small game publishing house focused on indies, or something big like a 1st party. Either way, I have a passion for learning about undiscovered projects and getting people excited for them.

- Celery + Hummus is amazing, and honestly I'm really into raw spinach on my sandwiches.

- I've won a few things in the world of video games: a writing contest for Playstation.Blog, I got 3rd Place in the PAX South Omegathon, and I think I won an Octodad fan contest a few months ago. Oh, and an iPod when I was on a middle school youth group trip

- I have a few interesting leads on community management positions at some studios that I admire, so I'm see myself working in the industry I love. Shortly after that, the world.
  • sixtycakes
    sixtycakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    - I've recently been trying out some circus arts and like hand balancing and aerial straps. I like to weight lift as well but that's been slacking recently. For sitting activities I really enjoy learning about art and game development. I'm a novice at Zbrush and Maya but I still enjoy it. I am also learning Unreal Engine and Unity when I have time.
    - I really like lasagna but usually eat a keto/paleo version to try to make it healthier
    - I'm not a huge fan of cooking but I like making breakfast the most! Eggs are my favorite because they're so versatile.
    - My shoulder mobility for hand balancing & straps is huge so I like to emphasize that.
    What's your dream job?
    - Game developer working with friends
    - Frank's hot sauce chicken salad
    - I won a nerf gun at Taco Bell when I was ~10 years old
    - Hopefully in the games industry.
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Play video games, watch movies, read, try to learn to play guitar, play board games, visit family and friends. Lately I'm enjoying doing some work on a Mad Max/Fallout/Wasteland costume.

Meal - pizza! For my current lifestyle I'm making homemade pita pizzas for lower carbs and calories
    Snack - popcorn, string cheese, fruit

I do like to cook, at least when I have time. I hate cooking when I'm rushed or working long hours at work.

Well, if I LIKED doing it I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in and participating in a weight loss thread, would I? ;)

Kodiak Cakes (crunchy peanut butter is my favorite)
    Joseph's Flax, Whole Wheat and Oat Bran Pitas (very low carb, still taste decent)

I won some math meets back in high school. I won a cool Sam & Max statue from some online contest years ago. Probably some other crap I don't remember.

Haha, I have absolutely no clue. Things change so much in 5 years in my life and in my industry that it's always a toss up to know. I would hope I am happier and healthier.