Question for the girls (about the girls)

Options
annalisbeth74
annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
I have gotten to the point now where I need new athletic bras. The old ones are stretched out (and the girls have gotten smaller) and just don't fit right anymore.

I've been wondering if the fancy Lululemon bras are worth splurging on, or should I just stick to the cheaper Target ones? I like bras that compress the hell out of the girls rather than support them, so I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money on something that's gonna end up being decorative and not functional. (I'm single, no kids, so I have money to splurge)

Thoughts?

(Edit: I just read some Amazon reviews and I think I answered my own question. Still interested to see what you all think, though)

Replies

• aserrano79
    aserrano79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I spend money on good bras. Period. The better you take care of the girls the less likely you will need some surgical help later:) I wear the under armor sports bras. I love them. Have not tried lululemon. I sleep in the cheap ones from target. I like support and for my girls not being in my way when working out. I'm also a DDD. So that may have something to do with it. If you end up getting lululemon please give a review! I love me a good bra.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Do you lose a lot of boobage when you lose weight? If your breasts are made primarily of fat rather than breast tissue, it might be better to buy less expensive bras (or find a sale).

It would be upsetting to spend lots of money on a bra only for it to be too big a few months later.

On the flip side, worth it to invest if you don't lose up top a lot.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My boobies went bye bye!! I get all bras from VS
  • lmhracer
    lmhracer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out SheFit.com They have a line of adjustable sports bras. So as you loose the weight they can be adjusted. Yes they are a bit pricy. But you do not need to replace them as you loose weight. They have served me well and fit/support me well.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wear the bras that feels comfortable for whatever activity you're doing. Go to LuluLemon. Put one on. Stand and walk around it in a while. Do a little jogging in place. Do the same with a cheaper bra. You'll know which is right.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    There is a compression strap thing someone told me about that you wear over a bra. It's run approved and stuff. I'd probably do a combo thing, but I'm too large for their sizes. 42 band or so and still 52+ around the widest, thanks to side boobs. They need to GO!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I so would like a lift. No matter how small I was in my earlier life, I could never wear what I wanted because of my chest size. The Spousal Unit is a boob man, so he's happy, but me? I'd rather not have to deal with a couple of wobbly bowling balls on my chest. And now, gravity+big boobs=yech.

And wearing good bras all your life doesn't mean your girls won't eventually sag, unfortunately. At least, not in my 60 years of experience.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Here's the site for the band I was talking about... buband.ca/

I dunno, but it seems like it would be good for the more active of us.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a Panache sports bra and I totally love it...support AND compression...when they are tucked in there, they are going nowhere...not cheap, but worth every penny
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have a few lulu bras. I love them all. But lulu bras aren't for everyone, my free to be wild bras are super cute to wear under certain tanks because the cute straps will poke out. They aren't supportive though. But I'll wear them out or lifting. When I run I have a couple different bras the flow y bra is okay, coverage sucks though, but I think the compression is pretty good. And my energy bras are great for high impact activities and have great coverage, less compression than the flow y though. That being said I'm 34D. So, yeah I have em, but they aren't massive. Lulu is great for returns though so why not go in and try and see how it works?
  • annalisbeth74
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Here's the site for the band I was talking about... buband.ca/

I dunno, but it seems like it would be good for the more active of us.

Okay, that looks really freaking cool.
  • annalisbeth74
    Options
    Dang, considering what some of you ladies have to deal with it guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I went from a large C to a small C, mainly just lost some back fat. I can't imagine having to strap down anything larger.

I guess there's no way around it. I'm just gonna have to try some stuff on and see what I like. No amazon shopping this time around. :/