Help... Motivation strongly encouraged...

Options
thebobogrind
thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
Soooo been going through some tough times at home and in my professional life and totally fell off the wagon. I now need to lose about 30-40 lbs by October As I need to pass a physical test that will get me my dream job (past all the other requirements...so the pressure is on).

I know I really like OMAD, however I've never stuck to it for more than a week, but now things have to change. I must lose the weight.

I bought the eat stop eat book to get me in the right frame of mind to start doing IF/OMAD. I need help setting my calories: I am 32, weigh 238, 5'7... Will be doing cardio 3 times a week and strength training 2 times a week.

Would eating 1500-1800 calories once a day be smart? Not sure how many calories women doing OMAD usually eat...? Or is the regular 1200-1300 that MFP gives you the way to go?

Any help is truely appreciated. Maybe success stories to share too?

Thanks!
Bobo

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Well, first off, your success you cannot play with. The need to stick with something comes from inside you. You just decide you must do what you must do, which in this case is the need to follow the plan as I've laid it out.

Second, you need the basic plan for fastest results. Strength-training and working out are not for you right now since you said you need to lose a lot of weight by October. That being the case, follow the basic OMAD plan and do nothing more active than walking. You will need to be at your lowest stress level to lose the most. Weight loss is not compatible with weight training since you will hold water and have slower losses (you can bring this back in as you get where you want to be weight-wise). Trust me on this. No working out while fasting, seriously!

Third, aim for 1,100 to 1,500 per day by way of calories. This should be easy to achieve using the one-plate rule.

Fourth, make sure you are using the ACV for your daily beverage and keep your mealtime the same.

Fifth, get 25 minutes of sunlight everyday.

Sixth, get plenty of regular sleep. Stay on one schedule. Don't vary it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

In Settings, set your goal to lose 1 1/2 pounds a week.
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for your advice arguablysamson!!!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say Hi and to see how you're doing and feeling?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Joe,

How much of a difference do you think the ACV makes? I used to take it for gout but have not done it consistent for weight loss.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Joe,

How much of a difference do you think the ACV makes? I used to take it for gout but have not done it consistent for weight loss.

A lot. Seems like I could always see a difference. And others have seen the same.
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by. Had some medical issues and Doctor had me hold off any 'dieting' until they could find out was was happening to my hormones/body.

Last Monday I was given the clear,/green light and I have started Omading again today. I really enjoy eating this way and I know it's how I'm meant to eat.

I haven't weighed myself in forever so I'm not sure where I'm at, but will weigh-in weekly.

I'm a bit bummed out because I wanted to lose weight for a job, but hopefully I can re-apply next year when the weight is off.
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    Stopping by to say Hi and to see how you're doing and feeling?

• arguablysamson
    Options
    You'll be fine. Glad to see you back around!
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    You'll be fine. Glad to see you back around!

Thanks a bunch!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Persistence will pay off!
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Persistence will pay off!

Thanks again! Even though I wasn't Omading I kept on reading this group's messages and updates. You all are great!

Bobo
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I'm a bit bummed out because I wanted to lose weight for a job, but hopefully I can re-apply next year when the weight is off.

I think it's better when the pressure is off. You'll be able to do this without feeling rushed and fully confident that it will happen in its own time. For sure you'll be able to apply next year :smile:

Thanks so much you are all so sweet.

Is there any way I can change the subject line of my original post from what it is now to 'Bobo's journey'?
    I'd like to start my own journal right here..

Bobo