Recently started, workouts are pretty easy

Options
keithmarion0
keithmarion0 Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I have been doing DDP Yoga for about2 weeks. Diamond Dozen and Energy are the current workouts. They are easy for me and I do not get the sweat and satisfaction from these like I hoped to.

Would it be bad to skip ahead a few weeks? I watched some of the other workouts and feel they would be more of a challenge. I know these programs are set up this way on purpose, but I am afraid I will get bored.

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable doing the movements, there's no harm in jumping ahead. Diamond Dozen is simply about teaching you some of the main movements and Energy is rather simple. Fat Burner's not difficult either (though it adds push-ups, which are a problem for some people).

I say go for it. The worst that can happen is that you'll stumble on something. Assuming you're starting with a solid workout background, you should be more than fine.
  • keithmarion0
    keithmarion0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I tried some of the further ones and work up a good sweat and elevated HR, which is the point of it. I also feel the satisfaction of a strong workout afterward, which i was missing with the first couple sessions. Thanks for the advice.
  • PattyGagne66
    PattyGagne66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My DDP should be delivered on Sat! I'm very anxious to start the program, have about 80 lbs to lose !
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this group. I try to check it at least once per day.
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my DVDs to arrive, but I've tried to do some of the beginner stuff on DDP Now. It's fun!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just restarted DDPY lately and recently rededicated myself to the healthy lifestyle. I am loving the way I feel after a I get done and how not in pain my body is. :smiley: Now it's just getting a routine set up that fits my crazy lifestyle. For someone that has no social life, my schedule is crazy!
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a question - I just got my DVDs today and haven't unwrapped them yet... but have been doing the workouts on the DDP Now app. I don't have the heart monitor, only one on my android phone. I am doing the workouts; but when I go back to my program it is showing those workouts as "Missed" and I'm getting robo-emails asking me why I'm not working out...?!? At the end of the workout I'm completing the little questionnaire on rating the difficulty between 1-5... it tells me how many calories I just burned. Don't understand why they are showing up as missed. Thanks.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    And you're hitting the Log Workout box? If you are and it's not logging them then you definitely want to contact support or something!