Sweetener help

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely trying it tomorrow! I like the flavor but it messes up the texture.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just use the Torani if I want a sweet taste. Mostly I just do the BPC without sweetener. If I use it, it's mainly with my sometimes afternoon iced coffee with HWC
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just checked. Kirkland, Costco Pure Vanilla. No sugar is added.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    nscal wrote: »
    I need some help with sweeteners. I've tried to go without in my coffee and LC cooking, but I just can't handle my coffee without something sweet. Do any of you use a sweetener or something else? I've noticed that my weight is not coming off and my clothes are not any looser. I've tried Stevia, Xylitol, Splenda and actually like Splenda the best. But when I read on this board that it can actually keep me from loosing...I was like...oh well there it is! Any suggestions would be a great!

I've used Splenda for years. I used it during weight loss and don't think it had a negative impact. I was satisfied with my average weekly loss.

Today my choice of sweetener is Liquid Stevia or whatever is available, wherever I happen to be. I generally purchase liquid stevia at Trader Joe's. The price is better than most places. I don't have a very fussy palate which is probably one of the reason I became overweight.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sweeteners has been a huge benefit for me. It's different at first, just as it is to develop the taste for anything that is different than what you're accustomed to. The first time I drank diet coke, years ago, I didn't care for it but I acquired the taste (stopped them about 15 years ago, and so glad I did as I don't believe there is any benefit in drinking them!)! One can get used to anything with the determination to do so! Good luck!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kpk54 [/quote] Today my choice of sweetener is Liquid Stevia or whatever is available, wherever I happen to be. I generally purchase liquid stevia at Trader Joe's. The price is better than most places. [/quote]

Never thought to look for it at Trader Joe's! I'll have to hunt it down next time I go there. I've been buying my online.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @bametels It's in the aisle with the baking stuff. If you're walking from the back of the store to the front it's on the right hand side and on the very bottom shelf. Very easy to miss because it is so small. 2 ounce bottle. Their coconut oil is a good price too if you use that.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @bametels It's in the aisle with the baking stuff. If you're walking from the back of the store to the front it's on the right hand side and on the very bottom shelf. Very easy to miss because it is so small. 2 ounce bottle. Their coconut oil is a good price too if you use that.

I've been buying coconut oil online, too. Thanks for the tip and detailed location info!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love natvia brand stevia I'm in Oz don't know if you can get it where you are, but I don't get any weird after taste, and works with baking too.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »

I've been buying coconut oil online, too. Thanks for the tip and detailed location info!

Tip - I've been buying coconut oil, both refined & unrefined, at Big Lots for the last few months at great prices. Mmmmm....

Never know how long it will be in stock, but there were still a lot of jars around this weekend.