Living the Lifestyle - Thursday - 08/25/2016

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,307 Member
Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Monday -- GadgetGirlIL (Regina)
Tuesday -- goldenfrisbee (Chris)
Wednesday -- Rachel0778 (Rachel)
Thursday -- misterhub (Greg)
Friday -- Jbrack381us (Joe)

Topic: What is the most significant change you have made in your life to accommodate weight-loss?

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Incorporating exercise as a regular part of my life.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Facing my feelings instead of stuffing them down with food.
  • 60in2017
    60in2017 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not binge eating.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I agree with @gadgetgirlIL, no longer eating when I'm anxious, depressed, lonely, etc and actually having to face the music has been quite the transition (and not easy!).

I also agree with @Jimb376mfp that my former self would be shocked at how much time I spend on fitness (and because I enjoy it no less!)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Clearly, for me, it is that I pay attention to what I eat. I might enjoy the fat-filled calorie bomb, but it is a conscious choice that I counter elsewhere.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Ah, I see that using the @ + our screen names generates a notification! Good to know!
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Ah, I see that using the @ + our screen names generates a notification! Good to know!

That's cool @gadgetgirlIL
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    New to tracking since I used to use the Simply Filling technique. And tracking has made me much more aware of the importance of making good choices and has allowed me to eat any of the foods I enjoy without feeling any guilt, so long as I stay within my daily goal.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    When losing-tracking. The whole thing went like this: I started with buying a 3 month package. So I was in for 13 meetings. I had never been to WW before so it was 13 weeks. I knew I would be out of town 1 week. 12 meetings. I could do that. Helped that I could drive there in about 10 min.

If I was going to the meeting, I was doing the WI. No passes. If I was doing the WI, I wanted a loss. To get a loss I needed a plan. So I got on the WW learning curve and figured out what I waned to eat. They used to have a thing called storyboards. I would storyboard the week and individual days. My story boards would always have a section for-What could go wrong? The rest was concentration and writing.

Key was this: mistakes, errors, lapses- got written down no matter what. Lost about 32 lbs in 5 months and kept on tracking for 5 years. Went back to tracking 2 times in the 5 years since, still go to my meeting most weeks. Currently in the green zone. Will go back to tracking if needed. Tracking works.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,139 Member
    Options
    Planning food, and tracking.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Being conscious of what I'm eating and honestly recording it.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not ordering food in anymore, and bringing my own lunch to work everyday.
  • wwchrisdad
    wwchrisdad Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Portion control and eating healthier
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Tracking...
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    If it was just one thing it would being aware of how and what I eat. Learning that nutrition and health were important and not just how much I eat.
  • MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This time around, reducing the number of times per week I have take-out or drive-through food.

• countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Eating less.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,595 Member
    Options
    Coming to grip with the fact that if you consume more calories / points than you burn you will gain weight.
  • StuartPW
    StuartPW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific comment on that topic. Just checking in to say good afternoon to my house. Had a great run today. It's amazing how much easier it is to run when the temperature is 10 degrees cooler
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Learning what a REAL "serving size" looks like. And paying attention to it.