New Here - almost 2 years Post-Op

Options
Hello Everyone,

I had my RNY in November 2014, and lost over a hundred pounds. It's been an amazing change, and when I hit the 'stop losing easy weight' stage I switched into maintenance instead of pushing past it. I can't believe it's been almost two years! I've decided to get serious again and make a push to lose the final forty.

HW: 315
CW: 210
GW: 170 (maybe a little less. This was my original goal weight with the doctor.)

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss so far! I'm 2.5 yrs out, and I stopped losing a while ago. I was ok with that, until I gained 11lbs back. I am now back in the serious stage of shakes and yogurt all day till I lose this regain...
  • asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went back down the 600-800 calorie stage. It's rough.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can do it; just get back to the basics. Welcome to the group!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am almost 3 years out. I started at 386, got to 178, then got back up to 210. I have been working with my surgeon, and I am down to 199 now. His advice was to keep my calories between 1000 and 1200, and avoid carbs. In his words "Carbs are your enemy". I honestly don't think that every rule applies to everyone, but that seems to be true for me. He also had me change my workout routine. I was doing a lot of cardio with some strength training mixed in. His advice was to not focus as much on cardio, bump up the strength, mix up my workouts, do HIIT, and with doing that, I am losing and my body is also in much better shape. Currently my workout routine is 30 day shred daily, yoga twice a week, and 30 minutes of HIIT cardio about 5 times a week. You can totally lose that final 40. Like anbdr said, get back to the basics, and don't worry if it takes a little trial and error, just keep trying. Your body is different two years out and what worked in the beginning might not work now.