hello! :)

Options
alc649
alc649 Posts: 467 Member
Hi my name's Alex. I just joined this group. I've always been an emotional eater. When I'm stressed, I eat. When I'm sad, I eat. When I'm happy, I eat. I would love to not have such a "relationship" with food. I've gotten better at it. I've lost 15 pounds in 84 days, and the cravings aren't AS bad..But I still get them for sure. Weekends are a killer for me. I really need somewhere to post, and people to talk to when I'm feeling that urge..because it's so strong. I truly have an addiction to food. Can't wait to meet you all! :)

Replies

• vanpelgar
    vanpelgar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I replied earlier...don't see it.
    Well here's the short version, your post sounds like I wrote it, but I keep reminding myself..what's more important? Me the food or the cravins I know thr are times I can't control it and I give in, but we must ask ourselves, at what point in time do we take responsibility for ourselves? It's hard being an emotional eater, I know, but there is a switch in our brain that has to click on. I think it's just repetitive thinking and habit. Just keep on tracking and know your not the only one.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl! It's a good feeling to know we're not alone in this :) We're going to do it!
  • vanpelgar
    Options
    know what I learned and have to keep relearning?? "its not what you do some of the time, but what you do most of the time" this week with kids and grandchild over had to adjust to hectic schedule, kids had to evacuate last week due to calif fires in san bernardino mtns. But my diet went haywire, so when they left to go back home, had a talk with myself got myself back on the WOE "way of eating" right and now back in the groove of it and even been exercising. I think from all of this and learning at this stage of life "don't be hard on yourself, forgive yourself" and keep on tracking. Go forward not backwards:)
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just joined and wish to communicate with some stressed busters with reference to food the weekend is my downfall but getting better I don't cook on weekends so it is hard so I welcome all advice and remarks peace ......Dee
  • vanpelgar
    Options
    Craving cake donuts sooo bad....so what i did instead eat a whole lotta fried chicken yes fried, since I am on a Low carb eating and yes it satisfied me to the point where i still want donuts but its okay cause now i'm full. My craving was a level 10 high, now the crave beast is down to a mild roar of 3 yeaaah.

Think you just have to play these mind games with yourself, so you don't feel deprived. Keep yourself busy and if I do go out to eat, only 3 words come out of my mouth and that's PROTEIN, VEGETABLES, SALAD oh and sometimes SOUP depending on what type. Thats my mantra for eating out now.

Its a daily struggle, battle which I hope it will become like second nature, 38 days on this MFP and lost 3lbs but even more surprising I;m fitting into clothes I couldn't fit into before!!!! :)

***KEEP ON TRACKING****