I don't want to kill myself with exercise.

Options
Suzukigrl1
Suzukigrl1 Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Hello, everyone. I'd like pointers on losing weight without hours of cardio and heavy lifting. I have gained and lost the same five pounds. I find strenuous exercise regimens hard to stick to as well as strict eating. I know that I have to commit to something in order to get results but I'm having a tough time. I think I'd do better with small changes. I'd appreciate advice.

Replies

• sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There's a workout app called Sworkit, and you can pick the amount of time you workout. There are strength, yoga, pilates and other options to choose from. If you could commit to 20 minutes 3x days this week, maybe try for 25 min next week, and so on.

Also, don't be afraid to try out different group fitness classes. Most pilates, yoga, or Orangetheory centers offer the 1st class free.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    try pilates or yoga they are perfect :) and about food do not stick to antything but not too much, just in moderation :D
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The best workout routine will always be the one that you can stick with. Same thing with eating, the best diet is the one that you can keep. But I say diet as a way of eating, not as a low calorie blue print to follow. I, for one, don't have time and energy for endless hours at the gym, so lifting 3 to 4 times a week (45 minutes sessions) and leisure walks in between works for me. I like how it makes me feel and look and it's something that I enjoy. I truly love eating and found EM2WL because I was tired of being hungry. I found out that I can eat the cake and have it too.

Go to our announcements and check the "New to EM2WL? Start here". We have the most important and helpful information links there to get you started: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You've come to the right place- we are all about finding something that you can stick to.

Instead of rigid meal plans, we recommend eating enough for your body, and a focus on eating enough protein and fiber.

What do you enjoy for fitness?
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I don't want to do that either!
    I lift 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes per session. I ft at home so I fit it in whenever I can.
    I don't really do any cardio at all because I just don't really like it anymore!
    I do yoga and Pilates because I like them and they counter balance my lifting well and keep me flexible and a strong core.
    But yes! This lifestyle is all about finding what works for YOU and what you can work into your life so that you can keep doing it and enjoying it.
    No shame or punishment here!
    What do you like doing? And hot could you fit into your week so that it is enjoyable?
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator