Start/Current/Goal

Options
Boise_Mom
Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
Hi there. I am just wondering what everyone's starting information is, where they are currently, and what their goals are? I find it motivating to see how far people have come including myself.
After my second child, I was it 212 pounds in May 2009. At that point I started the weight watchers point plus program and lost 48 pounds. That is when we found out I was pregnant with baby number three, and that was not our plan. :) I kind of went into a depression a bit throughout the pregnancy and gained it all back. Since then we have had a lot going on in life, including moving across the state, starting new jobs, and selling and buying a new home. On May 3 of this year I was at 199.8 pounds. I really like the old points plus watchers program because it doesn't limit what I get to eat, it just helps me learn how to control portions and choices. However, I couldn't seem to get past the constant cravings of sugar. That is the day I started Phen. Since then I have lost 30 pounds. I have been using the phen along with following a knock off weight watchers points plus program for eating. At my last appointment when they read did my body analysis, I had only lost 1 pound of muscle. I am 5'7"/5'8" with a strong muscular big boned build. According to the body analysis, I should weigh around 150 pounds. That puts me about 20 pounds out. I am not really sure when the last time I weighed that since I didn't really wait myself as a teen or in my 20s.

How is everyone else coming along?

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I have slowly gained weight over the years AFTER having kids. Combination of being a homeschooling mom (very sedentary teaching all day), thyroid issues, permanently damaged pituitary, severe leg and ankle injury that led to weight gain from not walking for almost a year, etc. Things just seemed to pile up. Add to that I'm an emotional eater and I hit my high of about 238lb in December. I have dieted off and on almost constantly over the years. I decided I would start on a weight loss journey Jan. 1 using MFP. From Jan. to May I lost 10#'s but was really struggling to stay within the calorie range given to me - even at a .5# per week loss. Then I gained 5#'s back of the 10 I'd lost. I started the Phen the end of the first week of June (I think that's the date) weighing 233. I'm 7 weeks in almost and this morning I was 224.4. I'm losing just over a pound a week and doing really well staying within my calorie range. I've been using CBT (Beck Solutions) to retrain myself, etc. I'm pretty hopeful this will stay off when I'm done. My goal is 150. I'm only 5'2" but that is where my body tends to sit best.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight was at 247# (1/4/2016)
    Current Weight is at 199.6#
    Goal weight was165#, but I'm thinking I'm going to shoot for 150lbs :)
    Height: 5'5''

I started phentermine at 225.6lbs on 4/27/2016, so I lost a little weight before I started :)

I have been keeping track week by week in case anyone is curious :)

Week 0 4/27: 225.6
    Week 1 5/4: 221.6 (-4#)
    Week 2 5/11: 218.8 (-6.8#)
    Week 3 5/18: 212.4 (-13.2#)
    Week 4 5/25: 210.8 (-14.8#)
    Week 5 6/1: 210.8 (-0)
    Week 6 6/8: 209.2 (-16.4#)
    Week 7 6/15: 206.4 (-19.2#)
    Week 8 6/22: 206 (-19.6#)
    Week 9: 6/30: 204 (-21.6#)
    Week 10: 7/7: 204 (-21.6#)
    Week 11: 7/14: 202 (-23.6#).
    Week 12: 7/21: 201.2. (-24.4#)
    Week 13: 7/28: 200.6 (-25#)
    Week 14: 8/4: 201.4 (-24.2#)
    Week 15: 8/11: 199.6 (-26#)
    Week 16: 8/18:
    Week 17: 8/25:
    Week 18: 9/1:
    Week 19: 9/8
    Week 20:
  • Boise_Mom
    Options
    That is awesome, ladies! Keep up the good work. I also keep track week by week. I have noticed some patterns, and know that my plateaus will even out. Thank you for sharing!
  • angie55575
    Options
    You're welcome @Boise_Mom. I already had all my weights recorded for a challenge, so it was easy to share :)

I've slowed down the last 6 weeks or so, but I'm going to keep pushing!
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have weighed between 195 & 205 since my last child was born 22 years ago! But in May my weight was 208 and I asked my doctor why they don't prescribe diet pills like they did in the 1970s. She responded that she DOES prescribe phentermine. She sent me for some heart tests first and when they came back fine she wrote me a prescription. It truly works for me. My only side effect is that I only sleep about six hours a night. I'm doing my best to use the boost it gives me to change the way I eat and add exercise. I've been successful at both and I've lost 27 pounds since May 24! I'm thinking of stopping just to try it on my own for a while now that I've established the good habits of eating and exercise. Has anyone else done this?
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    I liked your weight chart so much that I had to make one of my own! I had not looked at it in that format before and it's very encouraging to see the steady loss. Some weeks it seems like I'm not losing at all!
    mhmw7ohuh88w.jpg
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    This is the chart that I'm proudest of . . . I've never exercised in my life and now I rarely miss a day. I try to do at least 30-35 minutes on the treadmill early in the morning before I get ready for work. I like starting my day with calories earned!
    hng6hsth1b42.jpg
  • angie55575
    Options
    Awesome @ Nancyh59! You inspire me :)
  • Boise_Mom
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's awesome Nancy. I put mine in a chart too. It helps to see the progress!

a9f8cxm4t7u0.png
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    Isn't it great to look at a chart!? There's lots of weeks when I feel like I'm making no progress, but when it's laid out this way you can see that the weight is coming off steadily just like it's supposed to. Great job!!
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Can you ladies tell me how you did your chart? Did you use excel or just type it into a Word doc? I am at week 7 or 8 and have waffled with the same half pound to a pound for the last 2 weeks. It's starting to annoy me - although I'm still losing inches. But I think if I could see it laid out like this I would do better mentally overall.
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    I used excel, but then I used the Windows snipping tool and saved it as a jpg file to post here. I really liked looking at my progress this way!
  • angie55575
    Options
    Charts are WAY fun! Great progress @Boise_Mom! Also, I like your average loss column, might have to copy that!
  • angie55575
    Options
    Week 0 4/27: 225.6
    Week 1 5/4: 221.6 (-4#)
    Week 2 5/11: 218.8 (-6.8#)
    Week 3 5/18: 212.4 (-13.2#)
    Week 4 5/25: 210.8 (-14.8#)
    Week 5 6/1: 210.8 (-0)
    Week 6 6/8: 209.2 (-16.4#)
    Week 7 6/15: 206.4 (-19.2#)
    Week 8 6/22: 206 (-19.6#)
    Week 9: 6/30: 204 (-21.6#)
    Week 10: 7/7: 204 (-21.6#)
    Week 11: 7/14: 202 (-23.6#).
    Week 12: 7/21: 201.2. (-24.4#)
    Week 13: 7/28: 200.6 (-25#)
    Week 14: 8/4: 201.4 (-24.2#)
    Week 15: 8/11: 199.6 (-26#)
    Week 16: 8/18: 202 (-23.6#)
    Week 17: 8/25:199.2 (-26.4#)
    Week 18: 9/1:
    Week 19: 9/8
    Week 20:

I've had a rough last month, I was thinking about taking a break (maybe two weeks?) and restarting. Has anyone had success with this?
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same. :-(
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    angie55575 wrote: »

I've had a rough last month, I was thinking about taking a break (maybe two weeks?) and restarting. Has anyone had success with this?
    traceyinMI wrote: »
    Same. :-(
    <3
    Angie, are you talking about a break from taking phentermine and starting it again in two weeks . . .or do you mean a break altogether from sticking to your food plan?

If it's the first--a break from phentermine, I'd say try it if you really think it isn't helping. I've thought about taking a few days without it myself just to see if I get a little more sleep and also to see if I can stick to my food plan without the appetite suppressing help.

If it's the second--a break altogether . . . I'd say NO NO NO!! Even just two weeks--that's two weeks longer it's going to take to get to goal. Just have a couple of bad days--eat a little more than you know you should or eat something you've really been craving. Log it all--2000, 3000 calories--nobody cares . . then get up the next day and do all the right stuff--exercise, stay under your calorie goal, and remember that getting smaller feels so good!!

Think about how much better your clothes feel when they fit and then get loose and how much easier it is to just do the normal stuff like climb the stairs and clean the house.

<3<3<3
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    :| Oops . . I have more. I weighed 179.5 on Sunday morning--I have not been below 180 since 2007 and then it was only for a minute. Then, this morning, I was back up to 182!! It was disappointing, but I also know that the three ice cream bars I ate on Sunday along with a too-healthy serving of potatoes were probably the culprit. Or maybe it was just a fluke--either way, I know how badly I want to see that scale go down and how badly I don't want to "grow" right back out of the beautiful new orangey-red size 14 slacks that I bought last week!

But whatever the culprit, I got up this morning, baked my salmon and made up my containers of vegetables and fruit for work--I AM going to succeed at this!

I'm on vacation until after Labor Day--but it's a stay-at-home and work on the home business bookwork vacation. It might be too close to my refrigerator and too much freedom to make a quick stop at Wendy's. Wish me luck the rest of the week--I'm going to need it!!
  • angie55575
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey @Nancyh59 :), I just meant taking a break from phen (not my diet/exercise or MFP :) ) and then restarting back on it in a week or two to see if helps. Sorry for not clarifying!

On 8/22, my doctor suggested that I take it LATER in the day instead of when I just wake up; it's helped a little- but wasn't how it was when I first started! That first month was killer :) But, I also was running a lot more than I have lately (SE Michigan Summers are HOT), so I'm sure that contributed to my big loss too!

Thanks for the support <3

...edited. Doc suggested that I take it at 11am everyday instead of when I wake up (6:30ish M-F)

• ronjsteele1
    Options
    @angie55575 I have found that sometimes eating at maintenance for a couple of days and then kicking back into the lower calorie count seems to kick weight loss higher for me. I don't know why, it just happens every time. If you try the break from phen will you tell us how it goes? I am hoping to lose 40 before it stops working for me. I feel like if I can get that far, that I will have established new habits via the cognitive therapy stuff to keep the weight off better. I admit to being a bit nervous if the phen stops working before I'm ready. :/

I go for my first follow up for the phen today. I've been on it 7 weeks but only six weeks of that consistently (started off half a pill and every other day the first week). I'm down almost 10#'s. I'm averaging 1.25#'s a week right now. Before the phen I was averaging a 1/4# a week. Pretty significant difference. My total down since MFP is almost 16#'s. I keep playing with this last pound though!! I've gained and lost the same pound for the last two weeks. :neutral:
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    @angie55575 I take my phen around 9am b/c I take thyroid meds at 6:00am. I found that taking the phen later in the morning like that instead of when I first wake up made a big difference for how long through the day it works for me. If I take it earlier, it's almost like it wears off around 3:00 or 4:00. If I take it at 9am it seems to last until bedtime.