new

Options
kethealthy
kethealthy Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Hi! I'm 42 with three kids and I just started the paleo diet as well as quit coffee. My goals are to do Crossfit 3 days a week and not eat after 8 as well as drink 8 glasses of water. This is a challenge for me, but I really want to lose 30 lbs this year. Thanks for the encouragement!

Replies

• mariesilva726
    mariesilva726 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've cut caffeine sugar and boxed or frozen food completely. You are doing this right!! You got this
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Why no coffee??? Honestly, I'm just curious, cause I was on advocare and they said no coffee, but I drank it anyway, BLACK. Is coffee not clean?
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    caffeine in moderation actually has some health benefits not to mention id be a grump bear without it. Also eating after 8PM and weight gain is a farse. Just monitor calories in and calories out and 30lbs in a year should be obtainable. figure a little over half a pound a week so set your goals as such and use the tools but watch out for some of the canned calorie entries in MFP as they are very incorrect. Good luck with the Paleo.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    you can drink decaf coffee and get the same benefits - and those benefits are to protect women ( not men) from breast cancer. So you should have some coffee every day every day, and not give it up. It does have some bad components, espeically if you plan to get/are pregnant. There is good research out there.

Rebel, I did not know that the "fasting" times were a farce, glad to hear it, I have been saving a snack until bedtime, so my blood sugar does not crash.....if you have any sources, please send along.
  • purduboilr
    purduboilr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's not that fasting times may or may not be a farce. It's that eating late doesn't cause weight gain. It's not recommended because it interrupts your sleep. If you sleep fine, eat on.

Coffee is also good for the thyroid but it can get calorie and sugar consuming when we load it up with creamer etc. I drink mine with almond milk. I will give up a lot of things, but coffee isn't one of them.
  • sctf75
    sctf75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a clean eater- I figured out that MSG was causing some issues with me, including being a trigger/addictive component that was sabotaging my weight loss efforts. It has taken a lot of time and effort to learn about it (it hides under many names), but boy do I feel better and have been able to keep off 50-60 lbs. I learned how to cook around the msg laden ingredients, and I feel I have more control now. it has also helped with some other stomach and lethargy issues, too! :) I DO still have 1-2 lattes (I make them at home), but I try to drink water and green tea in between to earn them ;) Crossfit sounds good! I'm trying to do some walking and running because I need something portable. 30 lbs in a year sounds doable/realistic.