Looking for a fall buddy

Options
ukiemeistr
ukiemeistr Posts: 15 Member
Hi all,

I am new to MFP but not new to healthy living. I have set a new goal to lose 15 lbs.

Height: 5'7"
CW: 154
GW: 140

I usually exercise 5-6 times a week with my husband, but I am switching from weights to cardio. I am also tracking my food at a 1200 cal/day (desk jobs!) and trying to permanently eliminate alcohol, caffeine and refined sugar from diet. I am doing very well so far and its been roughly 3 weeks. I haven't lost any weight but I have lost a few inches.

I need someone who understands hormones and stress from a female perspective. My husband is great but he is trying to GAIN weight and its hard to relate.

If this sounds like you- let's be friends!

-Tik

Replies

• sjansing
    sjansing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same weight range and height as you and also would like to lose that stubborn weight by the end of this year.

5'7", 155lbs, and GW: 140.

I am currently on a low carb diet ( as of this week) which is a little easier for me as I am gluten free due to digestive issues. I weight lift with my husband as well but I need the motivation for cardio because I dread cardio days. My husband eats like a horse and it is very easy for me to fall into those same habits!!

So I would love to be your buddy. I am relatively new here in the community. I've had this account for several years but never took the time to look at the forums. But I would love the motivation and support!
  • ukiemeistr
    ukiemeistr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We are pretty well the same then! I have been monitoring very well and not really ranging above 1200 calories (I actually don't really need to eat more...I don't really get hungry). I am switching from weights to cardio too...I am too bulky now from a year of weight-lifting.

My husband is actually celiac and is also allergic to flax so we have even MORE in common haha. I am lactose intolerant but I still indulge in yogurt and cheese (VERY mildly though...no one needs to suffer haha).

Have you tried to the couch potato to 5 k cardio programs? There are loads of free apps that sync with your music player and help train you to be better at cardio. I have found this helpful in my transition from elliptical to road running.

My trick for the eating less part is to just stop cooking for my husband and only cook extra when I cook for myself (in case he wants some). He can worry about getting his extra calories elsewhere. It was a mindset change for me to just cook what I want without consulting his tastes first but it's a double-win because, FEMINISM!

I know we are friends now so we can just chat through the feed. I didn't see this post til just now. I am a big cook and baker so if you want to share recipes let me know! I am pretty 'up' on the gluten free cooking now.

-Tik
  • raceoflife21
    raceoflife21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    I am also 5'7", 155lbs and wanting to loose stubborn belly fat. Although, I just transitioned from cardio to weight-training. I also dread cardio bc I am so bad at it (I am very slow)! I am struggling with keeping calories down bc I love to eat (esp sweets). I just became active on here and will leave it up during work, so pleeeease help me keep in line! Hehe.

I look forward to motivating you, and vice versa!

~Krys
  • rm_1029_
    rm_1029_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have different stats (5'2" CW: 125, GW: 110), but I totally understand where you are coming from! My boyfriend is trying to put on weight too and can eat whatever he want without any thought. I have a trip to the bahamas coming up this winter and I would love to feel more comfortable with my body before then so I can just enjoy myself. I'm just starting back up here, so I would love some people to hold me accountable! Good luck everyone!
  • thaliamustafa
    thaliamustafa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi buddies! I am currently 159 (was 165 2 weeks ago) and my goal weight is 140! I am on a low carb high fat diet and switched from crossfit to cardio only this month and i am bored! I almost lost the motivation to keep doing this as I was over the treadmill but part of me knows it's worth looking healthy and being happy. I am joining the Whole Life Challange from 09/17 to 11/11 so hopefully that an extra incentive.
  • angrylibrarian87
    angrylibrarian87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've almost entirely metricised (?!) myself, so in my mind my height is in metres (1.65) and CW/GW in kilos (73/55), but having dug my calculator out from under the horrendous mess that is my bedroom, it seems that is 5'5'' and 166/121 lbs. I'm a massive sugar addict and also drink far too much wine. I don't do 'proper' exercise at the moment - only walking to and from work (about 6-7 miles round trip - well, i did say ALMOST metricised). Would definitely like to have/give a bit of extra motivation by being accountable, hearing advice & suggestions, being supportive and so forth!
  • angrylibrarian87
    angrylibrarian87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I meant to add, i'm vegetarian (mostly vegan) and live in London, UK.
  • allysonhall
    allysonhall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 5'9" down to 164 from 179 from about two months ago. My goal is 145-150 by December. Just got over a month long plateau. I am currently eating myself thin and will add cardio once I'm in the 150s. I'm 5'9 and 28 years old. I'm hoping to drop this weight as I believe my boyfriend is going to propose to me at Christmas. I'm nervous and excited but either way I want to look my best. Pray for me!