For those of you close to goal...

2»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited August 2016
    Daily IF is great for a lot of people.
    However it turns me into a raging beeotch-a-saurus. Despite the fattiest coffee. People beg me to eat. If I eat a large keto breakfast though, I can go until 2 before I eat again. But do not ask me to skip breakfast. I'll delay it as late as 10 some days (rarely but it happens sometimes), but I have to eat. I can do a 1-day OMAD (23/1 fast) once a week. More often than that, the devil comes out. >:)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @annalisbeth74 I would add that you can cut back on cream and if you use a frother or blender (I have a glass blender so it can stand the heat of coffee), it will mix better and seem like there is more cream than is really there. It used to be that I would use 2-3 Tb of HWC (heavy whipping cream) for 1-2 cups of coffee. Now I use 1 Tb for 4 cups of coffee.

This is why I read all comments. Thanks @midwesterner85. I drink a BUNCH of decaf with HWC all morning long and sometimes in the evening. Though I am not a habitual measurer, I am aware I have been using more and more HWC in my decaf recently which means more and more calories. All I can say is "Duh, Kathy". I use my Magic Jack to make BPC with coconut oil and/or butter but never ONCE thought of using it to froth-up and minimize the HWC. Started it this A.M. after reading your post. It works! Thanks!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @baconslave guess you really are a slave to bacon, if you can't skip breakfast. ;)

Neither can I actually. I can skip lunch if I've had a big breakfast with lots of fat but I can't miss breakfast.

@samanthaluangphixay - I'm the same way. I might delay breakfast due to reasons sometimes, but I'm WAY better off having a large calorie/nutrition breakfast and skipping lunch... It's super great for your insulin levels and sensitivity, too... I kind of do a 2/10/2/10 when I do it that way. 2 2-hour eating windows, etc. But I don't force it (unless I simply can't get to food for work or other reasons)...it's nice though, that delaying it a few hours isn't a crisis anymore.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    @annalisbeth74 I would add that you can cut back on cream and if you use a frother or blender (I have a glass blender so it can stand the heat of coffee), it will mix better and seem like there is more cream than is really there. It used to be that I would use 2-3 Tb of HWC (heavy whipping cream) for 1-2 cups of coffee. Now I use 1 Tb for 4 cups of coffee.

@midwesterner85 - finally tried this and loved it! After 15 months of 2T of cream in my 4 cups of coffee, I can't believe I'm cutting back voluntarily. Thanks for the tip!

Don't think I'm ready to go black, though. I know some people here love black, salted coffee, but I'm not quite ready to make that leap yet. Maybe next year!
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    ETA to my above: I don't know if you are eating low carb or if you lost your weight (Congratulations!!) via low carb so my above post may apply only in regards "You're not alone. It happens" or directing you to research that just seems to be beginning. Also I went through a pretty significant "binge-restrict" period in most of 2015 but that is somewhat irrelevant here other than to point to the "always hungry" state I was in. I believe now that, for me, it was hunger causing me to binge because it is near extinguished now.
    Ditto that for me....once I found a way of eating that stopped my insulinemia, the urge to binge vanished.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited August 2016

Anyone have a frother model to recommend for HWC?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »

Thx, that's a good tip - got a model you'd recommend?

I use Hamilton Beach model 58148, but I would think any glass blender would work. Glass helps to be temperature resistant.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    @RalfLott I don't use a frother or immersion blender but rather a Magic Bullet. I keep saying magic jack but that's a phone thing LOL.

Anyway, the Magic Bullet. Adds at least an inch of froth to about 10-12 oz of BPC. The container part is a thick plastic but hasn't cracked (yet?) from the heat of the hot coffee. No problem with explosions when I unscrew the cap either since I fill it only half full for a mug of BPC. Small, sits on the counter and very easy to clean.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    If you want a handheld, the Aerolatte is the best one I've found...nice and sturdy. Works best if you froth before adding coffee to your cream. I keep one at home and one at work to mix in my homemade coffee blocks for my mid morning coffee.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Immersion blender for me.