Working Out, Mornings, Afternoons, or Evenings?

Options
rombley347
rombley347 Posts: 61 Member
On Monday mornings, my gym is packed. So on Mondays I workout during my lunch time. My daughter joins me twice a week, so we go in the afternoons. And all other days I go in the mornings.
What about you? What time do you work out?

Replies

• ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym with my husband on Tuesdays and Thursdays at about 6 am when most people have already finished working out. On Saturdays, we work out somewhere between 8 and 9 am. I also do aqua aerobics most weekday mornings or swim laps. I try and work out in the mornings to get it out of the way. In theory, I walk 3 evenings a week when it is cooler. I never work out in the afternoon - too hot and humid
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I workout at 5am most mornings. If I don't get it done and get ready for the day before my 3 year old gets up, it doesn't get done. A bit irritated with myself, worked out for 45 minutes this morning and didn't hit save on my tracker so it doesn't show.
  • rombley347
    Options
    @beverlyriley900 I feel the same way, workout in the morning to get it out of the way. Sorry to hear you did not save your workout this morning. That's great you got 45 minutes in!
  • jcbro19
    jcbro19 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a week at the gym!

I really should do exercises at home though. What do you recommend?
  • rombley347
    Options
    @jcbro19 That's great, every second of workout counts. It's depending on what you like. Skipping, sit ups, push ups, planks, just to name a few. Try something out and let me know how it goes, even if it's for 15 minutes.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use Beach Body videos. I love that they range from 30-60 minutes depending on the program. I do the on demand so I have access to a large variety. You can also just purchase a set of videos. I am currently doing Hammer & Chisel. It's weight lifting and sculpting. I am not a fan of cardio at all. I much prefer weight lifting. You can also find HIIT videos on YouTube that are great.
  • jcbro19
    Options
    I'll try it today!
  • jcbro19
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I prefer working out in the afternoons or late mornings
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I started doing my 45min Run/Walk routine in the evening, now I try and go out in the morning. Sometimes I will do both on the same day. Rare, though. My cycling I do in the cool of the day, late afternoon. My kettlebell cardio routine I do before breakfast. Usually a 30min. routine.
  • rombley347
    Options
    @oldnevada that's a great routine you have in place, you will surely reap the benefits. Do you work out 5 days a week?
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    rombley347 wrote: »
    @oldnevada that's a great routine you have in place, you will surely reap the benefits. Do you work out 5 days a week?

Thanks, rombley347.
    Pretty much, 5 days/7 days average. I heard that cross training was the best way to lose weight and I have to lose 60lbs, preferably 70lbs. I believe the doctrine is, is that you want the muscle to burn calories, so that is why I include kettlebell cardio as well as the aerobics (jogging/ walking intervals, and cycling.) One half hours worth. I'm religious about counting calories. Also, most of the calories are burnt at night while sleeping while insulin it at it's lowest ebb. Anyway, I'm chipping away at it.... thanks.