This and That!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where we will come and just let everyone know how we are all doing with the challenge. Or just to share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others. Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.
    The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!! The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!! The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!! What's on your mind today??

Replies

• KymbaKhan
    KymbaKhan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Joining because I *need* this, glad to have seen it prior to the start!
    I need some motivation to actually track daily and take things seriously. Even if I only have a limited amount of energy to give to anything at all - welp, employee reviews are done, dog class is done, this is important so this is going to be my bottom line must-do for September.
    Thanks for the set-up!
    (also omg I was a huge National Wildlife Federation fan as a kid, "Ranger Rick" how could I pass this up!)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    KymbaKhan wrote: »
    I need some motivation to actually track daily and take things seriously. Even if I only have a limited amount of energy to give to anything at all - welp, employee reviews are done, dog class is done, this is important so this is going to be my bottom line must-do for September.
    Thanks for the set-up!
    (also omg I was a huge National Wildlife Federation fan as a kid, "Ranger Rick" how could I pass this up!)

Hi, KymbaKhan,
    I just got back from 2 weeks in Glacier National Park; Banff and the Columbia River Gorge. Great country and hiking. Glad to have you be a part of the group!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    KymbaKhan wrote: »
    Thanks for the set-up!

Kymba,
    Please post an introduction of yourself in the introduction area. Thanks, Rick
  • JourneyToWorlds
    JourneyToWorlds Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 1! Let's do it everyone!
  • JourneyToWorlds
    Options
    question on staying in your calories limit - it's net calories right? I.e I've set my goal as 1400 but if I eat 1500 and exercise 500 calories I'm good right? Active days need more food or it leads to starvation and binging for me :)
  • bexsh13
    bexsh13 Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    question on staying in your calories limit - it's net calories right? I.e I've set my goal as 1400 but if I eat 1500 and exercise 500 calories I'm good right? Active days need more food or it leads to starvation and binging for me :)

Good question im not to sure... I've just been going on calories limit not on net calories... but if you go into faq section it say you can change the calorie goal daily as long as you decide in the morning... so lets say days you don't work out set it at 1400 and then days you do set it at 1600 or something like that :)
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that it's whatever goal you set for yourself. Some people say they get better results eating their exercise calories and some rely on that extra burn to lose weight week to week. My goal is to try to leave those exercise calories be day to day unless I'm ravenous, which I believe is my body telling me something. We shall see, but for me as long as MFP is telling me I'm under my calorie goal for the day, exercise or not, I'm considering that a successful day. Anyone else feel different?
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I generally give myself an extra 200 cals on Fridays and Saturdays - allows for a glass or two of wine whilst remaining in a (small) deficit. On my diary I don't change the goal though, is that OK in this challenge? As if you look at my diary it would say 200 cals over. Thanks
  • RangerRickL
    Options

Hi Journey,
    I use net calories, but someone else may treat themselves differently. I have always believed that you get the behavior that you reward. You should be rewarded for the good behavior of exercise.
    I use a heart rate monitor to measure my calorie burn.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I generally give myself an extra 200 cals on Fridays and Saturdays - allows for a glass or two of wine whilst remaining in a (small) deficit. On my diary I don't change the goal though, is that OK in this challenge? As if you look at my diary it would say 200 cals over. Thanks

Hi Nicole,
    First, we don't look at anyone's log but our own. You are the boss. We are not Mom and Dad. We are all grown ups. We assume that you set a realistic goal to reach whatever you believe you need. If you have a goal that varies, that is your business. Personally, I know what it takes to lose my weight and I know what it takes to maintain my weight.
    You will report whether you met your daily goal for at least 20 minutes of exercise or activity; were at or under your caloric max limit; and did your tracking.
    Rick
  • JourneyToWorlds
    Options
    So I played in a baseball tournament this weekend and tore my ACL and meniscus in my GOOD KNEE.....I am absolutely devastated........talk about getting derailed.....I need to reevaluate my program, goals, in life........
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    So I played in a baseball tournament this weekend and tore my ACL and meniscus in my GOOD KNEE.....I am absolutely devastated........talk about getting derailed.....I need to reevaluate my program, goals, in life........

Oh no, take care of yourself.