Trying very hard to be a good girl but need friends

Options
gdaydreamer
gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Used to do low carb years and years ago. Recently realized time keeps moving forward and the scale keeps moving upward. :smiley: Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Need some LC friends and motivation. Husband and kids are being very supportive but could use some people actually doing the same thing. Feel free to add me. 16 days in and not hungry, not craving (including hormonal time :disappointed: ) Determined to be long term.

Replies

• redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This group is incredibly supportive! It's the reason I have been successful for the first time in a very long time.

I added you.
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    accepted. That is awesome news. I can't stand the "I know everything, you're wrong" attitude. I look forward to much much more progress
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    accepted. That is awesome news. I can't stand the "I know everything, you're wrong" attitude. I look forward to much much more progress

That drives most of us crazy, so a lot of us just hide in this group, where people are actually very open-minded and constantly reading and discussing new ideas. There's also a lot of wisdom up in the launch pad - you should check it out!
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    I have been lurking and reading the last few days. Frankly I don't usually say much, but I will talk for hours if people are open. :wink:
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Added you ell. I agree there are so many groups (mainly on fb) that people feel the need to belittle people for not doing things "the right way" Uh no! This is a personal journey.
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    YAY! Awesome. I am so looking forward to the help.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I requested you :)
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 days in too, though I've been around this block before. Some extreme personal sadness/upheaval knocked me off the wagon for quite a while but this is the best way of eating for me so I'm back. Doing well so far! I'll add you x
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm always accepting new friends. :smile:
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    awesome Moonlights! Thank you for the add. We have had some personal upheavals in the last few years that have cause me some problems as well. Feel free to vent or chat whenever you need to. <3
  • brittanykira89
    brittanykira89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks in, my second attempt. Determined to stick with it this time. Always up for motivation and support so feel free to add me :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be - feel free to add me. I'm keto with less than 25 carbs a day and my daughter is LC under 100
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    FR sent. Thank you guys! I am looking forward to the road together.
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    Just so my new friends are aware.... I work on my feet 11 hours at a time about 3 days a week, no breaks, no sitting down. But I count my activity level as sedentary so I can count some of my work as exercise. Also I have a mixed drink before bed to ease the knee pain I have. Hoping reducing the weight reduces the pain. Planning on getting rid of that soon. Ok done explaining myself. :blush:
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. Hopefully this time will be a little easier, since this is such a great group. There's no way I would have been as successful as I have been so far without the help of everyone here. :)
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's one thing I really like about this group, there doesn't seem to be "one way" to do things, even the launch pad talks about various methods of "low carbing". I'm new here too, only on day 2. Starting with Atkins as I felt I needed a plan to follow until I got my feet under me. I'm trying to drop weight pre-hip replacement so I know what you mean about pain. Hoping dropping weight may make the pain more tolerable so I can put off the replacement for a bit!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt we encourage each other to find our own way in this WOE. I love the encouragement here.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm always open for new friends as well. This is my third, and longest, attempt at keto, and it's finally sticking. The friends I've made here has made all the difference in the world. I'm not losing super fast, but neither am I feeling like I can't continue doing this for the long haul, so that's victory, in my book. Welcome aboard, matey! :)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    In it for the long haul
    ertlvwbcag75.png

Welcome to the group :)

>:) or o:)
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I added you too