What's your step goal today? Let's see how close we can come to it at the end of the day!!

Options
rombley347
rombley347 Posts: 61 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
My goal step today : 8168
Currently : 1177

What are your numbers?

Replies

• jcbro19
    jcbro19 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My step goal for the day is 6935 using my step tracker. I don't think I'll make my goal though :/ it's already 12:41pm by me and I'm usually not active on Sunday's.
  • rombley347
    Options
    That's okay if you don't make your steps goal for the day. But each step counts. Let me know how you did by the end of the day. Cheering you on!
  • ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My daily step goal is 7,500. It used to be 10,000 but I almost never made that goal (I almost am only active during structured exercise. I have been trying of late to just get up and march in place from time to time while watching TV. Today I have done 5748 steps (77% of goal). Not too bad since Sunday tends to be a complete rest day.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My average according to my tracker is 5,328 a day. My first goal will be to up that by 1,000. My goal for the next week is to take 6,328 steps each day.
  • rombley347
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We can do it ! It's okay to have a rest day.....
  • rombley347
    Options
    ac_astwood wrote: »
    My daily step goal is 7,500. It used to be 10,000 but I almost never made that goal (I almost am only active during structured exercise. I have been trying of late to just get up and march in place from time to time while watching TV. Today I have done 5748 steps (77% of goal). Not too bad since Sunday tends to be a complete rest day.

That's actually great for a Sunday, I applause you! You actually did way better than I did!
  • rombley347
    Options
    My average according to my tracker is 5,328 a day. My first goal will be to up that by 1,000. My goal for the next week is to take 6,328 steps each day.

That goal of 1000 sounds very attainable! Challenge yourself each day to go a little more than the day before. Cheering you on!
  • jsmith0724
    jsmith0724 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a step goal of 10,000 everyday... So far I'm at 7898.
  • rombley347
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Whooh! that is superb! I am impressed!
  • ac_astwood
    Options
    Okay, its the end of the day for me. I pushed myself and danced around for an hour tonight resulting in a total of 11522 steps for today and a total of 2085 calories burned; 505 from jumping around tonight. Yeah!! @rombley347, thanks for being so encouraging. So how did you do today?
  • rombley347
    Options
    @ac_astwood, whooh I am impress, 11522 steps, that's great. Imagine your numbers for the week! I am cheering you on!!

As for me, I only made 3319 steps, I am looking forward to tomorrow, I know I will do better. I hardly get my goal steps in on Sundays (my rest day) and forgetting to charge my tracker did not help at all
  • jcbro19
    Options
    For the day I made 4136 steps! Usually on Sunday's I'm not that active so this is higher than usual!
  • rombley347
    Options
    @jcbro19 4136 that's awesome!
  • jcbro19
    Options
    My step goal today is 6797 and as of now I have 4645
  • ac_astwood
    Options
    My step goal today is 12000. Did 15000 yesterday and would like to keep it up but its just not practical. It took 2.5 hours of walking / working out to get there. Because I like weight training and water aerobics my main focus tends to be calories burned for the day, not necessarily through working out (housework and washing the car counts too in my book). Anybody else focus on total daily calories burned?
  • rombley347
    Options
    @ac_astwood I focus on calorie burn as well. I think focusing on my calories burn is helping me to be healthier each day and loosing pounds as well. I try very hard to meet my step goal every day even if it means jumping in place at the end of the day.
    Unfortunately I have a sprained ankle so I won't be able to meet my step goal of 7681 today, but I will see how close I get. That's a great idea, I probably could do come weight lighting today.
  • jcbro19
    Options
    I didn't reach my goal yesterday. I was 2000 short.
    Today my goal is 5560
  • rombley347
    Options
    Hopefully you get as close as possible, it's the weekend!!
  • jcbro19
    Options
    I made my goal yesterday and today I only need about 800 to reach it today!

I'm at a theme park so I'll certainly reach it
  • jcbro19
    Options
    I made it yesterday! My goal is 6619 and I currently have 1502