Food Poll

Options
2»

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Can't just name one - organ meats, bananas, and avocados. Yuck!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Anything fermented. Most vinegar (I can stand balsamic or if the flavor is hidden enough).

These things make me dry heave. It's not just an I don't like it. I will be actually sick for hours.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to eat most offal, especially liver, though like @Zenwenner I'm not a fan of head cheese, but its the jellied part of the terrine, not the face meat that grosses me out..

But the one thing that I refuse to eat ever again is brains, in particular, brain that has been prepared to serve cold from the deli.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Shellfish. I'm too scared. Lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. Liver.

I'm pretty adventurous though.

Escargot? yum
    frog legs? YUM
    marrow? divine!
    sashimi? Yes please!
    Eel? oh my!

recently:
    haggis? pretty good.
    blood pudding? meh, not my thing, but not awful.
    gizzards on salad? meh.

But liver? noo. I've had it, and would not like to have it again.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not gonna knowingly eat those snails.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Tongue and bread pudding are on my "no thanks list".
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Certain organ meats - heart, brain, etc
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    LIVER! its nature poison sponge no thank you! Never tried kidneys. I did try calf brains (called sesos in Spanish) and it pretty bland, had to add lots of hot salsa to give it flavor. I think thats it, O this fish jerky made from Mantarray its a delicacy but it was like ROTTEN smelling fish YUCK!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with the whole offal thing, no thanks... Unless its chicken livers made into pate with bacon, butter and cream, now that is so good!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    Tongue and bread pudding are on my "no thanks list".

I need to add tongue to my NO WAY list. My Irish grandmother used to make it and my father wanted my mom to cook it for us but she refused. He cooked it and made us all try it. I was a young teen and after feeling the cow's tastebuds in my mouth and I told them I would not eat anything "that could taste me back." Never had it again!

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts make me gag.
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Insects. Farmed insects are supposed to be the "food of the future" because they're so nutritious and so environmentally friendly. I don't think I'll be able to do it. I'm a pretty adventurous eater, but the thought of toasted mealworms on my salad or a muffin made from roasted cricket flour just grosses me out.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Squid / octopus / snails
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Intestines. Nope.
  • juliegayleh
    juliegayleh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Seafood. Of any kind. Childhood phobia. Actually my mother's childhood phobia that got passed down. Haha

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Seafood. Of any kind. Childhood phobia. Actually my mother's childhood phobia that got passed down. Haha

Why?? sea bugs are so delicious Lol (shrimp, lobster and crabs)
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Anything cultured makes me gag or worse so no sour cream or yoghurt. Most kinds of peppers, but especially green and red. I can eat orange and yellow if sautéed to where there is no "bell pepper" taste left. Mushrooms!! Eeeuwwww. Spanish rice. Chop suey. Almost anything oriental or Mexican. Can't tolerate the spices. No sheep meat. No oysters, mussels, or anything slimy from the sea.

I could write a blog on what I don't eat.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    There is an unimaginably foul delicacy called Surströmming that I encountered once in my life, about 30 years ago. I would endeavor not to be in the same city if I heard there was a can of it nearby.

The extremely concentrated, fermented über-oceanfish stench cleared out an entire apartment (which was filled with people gathered to witness the opening of the accordion-pleated can of the putrid stuff even hungry dogs won't go near) in waves, as the rotten smell reached more distant rings of spectators. (Graham's Law of Effusion in vivo....)

a6m2xxfuylyh.jpg

But that's not the one.

I'd try that in a heartbeat before I'd eat a bag of those vile,
    intestine-purging, glucose-spiking Olestra-laden WOW! chips. Bleccch!

200px-Doritos_WOW_chips.jpg