Note to self...and caution to others...

Options
bametels
bametels Posts: 950 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Do not wear your old size 16 yard work pants when you now wear a size 10. It is impolite to flash the neighbors on a Sunday morning as they go off to church. Good thing I have great reflexes...but grabbing one's pants before they are around one's ankles while holding a pair of large gardening shears in one's hands is ill-advised. :)

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Haahahahahahaha! Love it.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Impolite?
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If they're happy and comfortable in tight clothes may they take all the joy in them they want. I wish I had more confidence to wear tighter things.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @bametels - Congrats on the smaller size!

@mandycat223 - I used to work at the high school and almost all of the girls wore clothes that were way too tight on them. They were usually just trying to get the boys' attention, but I always wondered how on earth they could breathe. In my world just eating lunch would make a pair of pants that started off fine be miserably tight around the waist. That is one of the benefits of this way of eating, lunch does not equal bloating anymore. :)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Riche120 wrote: »
    I used to work at the high school and almost all of the girls wore clothes that were way too tight on them. They were usually just trying to get the boys' attention, but I always wondered how on earth they could breathe. In my world just eating lunch would make a pair of pants that started off fine be miserably tight around the waist. That is one of the benefits of this way of eating, lunch does not equal bloating anymore. :)

Boys.... They must like gassy girls. Or maybe gassy's not really relevant if sauerkraut's not involved.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    That is funny. It has happened to me a few times. When walking the other evening and the wait of my cell phone would work my cargo shorts down. Wound up packing it in my hand.

One day last summer I drove to town to pick something up and wound up eating. I was wearing my old old stuff from 50 pounds earlier and held it on with a belt about 6" too long and everyone said, Man you have lost a lot of weight. :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So funny and true!
    Balancing on the change of season and being stubborn about buying any new shorts! My favorite pair is size 18 and so I'm spending the day pulling them up all day long! I agree on cell phones or anything heavy in pockets being dangerous! At least the weather is going to be cooler today so I can put on a smaller pair of jeans today. My coworkers will be thankful!
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I am constantly hiking up my pants!!! Lol. I am almost back in my lowest size pants (the pair I met my husband in! Yes...I have kept them for 16 years!!) but I still want to go a size or two below those.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    That is funny. It has happened to me a few times. When walking the other evening and the wait of my cell phone would work my cargo shorts down. Wound up packing it in my hand.

One day last summer I drove to town to pick something up and wound up eating. I was wearing my old old stuff from 50 pounds earlier and held it on with a belt about 6" too long and everyone said, Man you have lost a lot of weight. :)

Thus, the old adage, "Belt and suspenders."
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have come close a few times myself, but thankfully at home with no onlookers. It's just so hard to get rid of those old so mixed I have spent sp many decades in and admit that I really don't need them. Congrats on your loss!!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've invested in one pair of pants smaller, and I can get away with wearing some that are a little big, but I can't put my cellphone in my pocket or it starts to pull my pants down. My poor single pair of pants that actually fits me is going to get well worn!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @karebear5891 I also had a single pair of dress pants that I have worn to cocktail parties, weddings and funerals... but yesterday, I donated those trusty pants to charity. I shopped my closet and found a rack of smaller ones that fit very nicely. No more floppy pants legs and gapping waistbands... my friends and family will be thrilled to see me in a different pair of pants. :smile:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    @karebear5891 I also had a single pair of dress pants that I have worn to cocktail parties, weddings and funerals... but yesterday, I donated those trusty pants to charity. I shopped my closet and found a rack of smaller ones that fit very nicely. No more floppy pants legs and gapping waistbands... my friends and family will be thrilled to see me in a different pair of pants. :smile:

Congratulations! (I trust you washed the old ones once in a while, whether they needed it or not...)