September loce

Options
Mersie1
Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Just sending some love your way. To all of my friends in this group, I wish you a happy, calm, productive September. Remember to breathe- seriously! Take a breath, take many. Dig deep to find the courage to believe that you can achieve your goals. Coming here to vent about the bad stuff and celebrate the good is a great tool to use in addition to what you're doing IRL.

Hugs and high fives to you all!

Replies

• fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Mersie1 I wish you the same!
  • Mersie1
    Options
    I need to remember to actually fully wake up to spell check. Obviously the title should read September love!
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well, the typo made me curious...

Be well, as well as you can be.
    Be happy, as much as possible.
    Be loved.
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor Day!!! I hope this finds you all with a fresh start to the new month! Back to the grind tomorrow but enjoy today!!
    Kristine
  • Mersie1
    Options
    I am finding doing "grounding exercises" can be really helpful. When I start to get anxious, afraid (which seems to happen easily- be it a thought about my dad getting older, my son learning to drive, my being 9 years from the age my mom was when she died etc...) I remind myself I am safe- and then start observing how I'm feeling, how does the air or blanket or chair... Feel on my skin. What sounds do I hear, how does my body feel. And no judgement- no saying my legs feel tight "well that's bec you haven't run enough..." Just observe and breathe!

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Mersie. Thank you for the grounding excersize, I tried it and it works. I also have so many fears that crop up. Thanks again, and happy September to you.
  • Mersie1
    Options
    I was just reading an article about "tapping." Never tried it, but I'll try anything to squash anxiety when it pops
    Up. Frequently, I have to remind myself "it's just a fear, not a prediction. It's a feeling not a fact."
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Big high five back atcha!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I used to do tapping, it does work, puts a smile on my face anyway.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    hmm will have to look up tapping and try those anxiety exercises.. thanks !