Your September!

Options
This topic is about non-scale goals and victories!

While it is great to have a number goal in mind - let's face it, we all do!!! .... it is great to have non-number ones as well!

Tell us what your hopes and goals are for the month! Is it to stay under calories? Is it to work out atleast three times a week? Is to to fit a certain pair of jeans?

Mine are -

1. Stay under calories atleast six days a week, if not seven.
2. Hopefully look decent in leggings. It is funny - and sad - cuz last year and previous years I would wear them regardless. I HATED the way my thighs looked in them, but it was either that or frumpy sweats... and seeing as I love fashions...I wore what I could I will say that.

What does YOUR September look like?

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    For me I want to keep exercising regularly, like every other day or a few times a week. Definitely going to have to push myself on that one. I also want to look better in my clothes, I'm not 100% to my standards yet but close. And lastly, eat a lot more whole foods.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    This topic is about non-scale goals and victories!

While it is great to have a number goal in mind - let's face it, we all do!!! .... it is great to have non-number ones as well!

Tell us what your hopes and goals are for the month! Is it to stay under calories? Is it to work out atleast three times a week? Is to to fit a certain pair of jeans?

Mine are -

1. Stay under calories atleast six days a week, if not seven.
    2. Hopefully look decent in leggings. It is funny - and sad - cuz last year and previous years I would wear them regardless. I HATED the way my thighs looked in them, but it was either that or frumpy sweats... and seeing as I love fashions...I wore what I could I will say that.

What does YOUR September look like?

I haven't ever worn leggings because of my thighs but I have lost almost 40 pounds and I have a new dress that would go great with leggings so I just may take the plunge!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I want to keep focused and stay under my calorie goal and keep moving, along with healthy changes I have made.
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not eat fast food for the month! It was starting to get out of control, but this week, I just kept making healthy suppers and resisting the temptation to you go out!
  • Andersonhea
    Andersonhea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goals are
    -to log accurately most (if not all days)
    -exercise in some way 3 times a week ( 2 of those will be yoga classes)
    -continue to find better solutions to stress than eating
    -not lose my sanity (lol)
  • OmnomFox
    OmnomFox Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It looks like it completely swallowed my post, I'll try again later on the computer
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This may sound ridiculous, but my goal is to fit into some new underwear I bought in January. I shouldn't have bought them because I knew they were too small, but I was traveling and really needed them. Plus, they were so pretty! So I'm preparing to put those undies on come October 1st, and I'm planning to rock them! ☺️
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not ridiculous at all Cathy! I am sure you will be able to fit them so soon!!!
  • cassieodriscoll
    Options
    My goal for September is to just generally become a happier person! I am so blessed in life in comparison to so many and I want to be able to take the time out to really appreciate what I have instead of focussing on what I don't have/want!!!

I plan to go outside more (I love autumn) instead of staying in and watching TV (even though there are so many good shows on) hahahaa
  • Andersonhea
    Andersonhea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than new underwear Cathy.
  • halldahlia
    halldahlia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal for September is to reach my 6th week without Tim Horton's. I'm 2 weeks in, no coffee, no doughnuts, no ice caps, nothing. I've got 4 more to go... wish me luck.
  • musicfanlh
    musicfanlh Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My goal is to workout 3xs 30 mins a week. Since returning to work I haven't worked out at all. :( I am a night owl but don't like to work out in the evening since it makes me so energized. Here's to my morning workout starting tommorrow morning. :#
  • musicfanlh
    musicfanlh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is to workout 3xs 30 mins a week. Since returning to work I haven't worked out at all.
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So nice to see so many goals for September!! this was really helpful to just remember to take it one day at a time, rather than seeing that overwhelming long term goal!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @cassie that is a great goal and maybe has now become one of mine as well haha!!! Being happier leads to success elsewhere!

@halldahlia omg no Tims?! I couldn't do it LOL. I always get the iced capp made with milk to cut half the cals! The full cream one is like 600 cals!

Let's do great this week and beyond everyone!!!

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You all have great goals and victories it looks like and that is so great for all of you. I can't wait to hear how you meet your goals and victories in the future!

Well I don't have any goals really except to lose weight and just keep eating right and exercising which I do almost everyday. I have the time to do it all. But I have a lot of NSV's. One of them is that I can cross my legs which I haven't been able to do these last 16 years so that is a big milestone for me! My wedding rings are looser. I have gone down 3 sizes in clothes. I have lost 20 inches total so far in my waist and hips. At first I had 160lbs. to lose now I am down to 101lbs. to lose. I can tie my shoes leaning over my knee now. Those are just some of the few NSV's that I can share with you all. There will be more to come!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    My goal for September is to get back to healthy eating. I know what to eat, I just need to do it. I need to plan ahead and have healthy food available. I need to stick to a lower carb diet. I am a vegetarian, so there is usually some carb component to my protein, but I don't need to add in straight carbs! Right now, I have been doing pretty well for a few weeks, with a little set back over Labor Day weekend. Need to dust that off, and do it right!

I love to exercise so that part is not an issue. Have had some injuries, so just have to work around those. Plan to workout pretty much every day for cardio and do strength training at least 2 times per week.

Good luck everyone. Love reading your inspiring goals!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    halldahlia wrote: »
    My goal for September is to reach my 6th week without Tim Horton's. I'm 2 weeks in, no coffee, no doughnuts, no ice caps, nothing. I've got 4 more to go... wish me luck.
    You're really committed it sounds like and that is commendable. Staying balanced is key! I wish you good luck! Let me know how it goes!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    For me I want to keep exercising regularly, like every other day or a few times a week. Definitely going to have to push myself on that one. I also want to look better in my clothes, I'm not 100% to my standards yet but close. And lastly, eat a lot more whole foods.

It is definitely a process one in which you work up to step by step. I am sure you will meet your goals one by one. I am looking forward to hearing about one goal you have met that is working for you overall fitness!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    cschof18 wrote: »
    My goal is to not eat fast food for the month! It was starting to get out of control, but this week, I just kept making healthy suppers and resisting the temptation to you go out!

That's the spirit! One good choice is all it takes to steer yourself away from the "chase" to eat fast food follow that by many choices to steer clear of fast food! Yay good for you!