What are you training for?

Options
What are you training for? What are your goals? What is your motivation?

Replies

• graybettina
    graybettina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well, i am training to get my daughter to be more active. she is 18 and not very active no matter how hard i try. now a friend of mine take her with us when we go to the gym. this little group is working ok right now. i hope that my example will do her some good. it will defiantly help me stay active. i have started recently with weight training to help my bone density
  • DreesPerformanceTraining
    Options
    well, i am training to get my daughter to be more active. she is 18 and not very active no matter how hard i try. now a friend of mine take her with us when we go to the gym. this little group is working ok right now. i hope that my example will do her some good. it will defiantly help me stay active. i have started recently with weight training to help my bone density

Power in numbers!
  • killingthejiggle89
    killingthejiggle89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm training to be healthier and happier with my self.
  • DreesPerformanceTraining
    Options
    I'm training to be healthier and happier with my self.

Good to hear you're doing it for yourself.
  • feeferb
    feeferb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just trying to be healthy, keep up with my family, explore the beauty of this earth, and be around for a long healthy happy life
  • kally_wph
    kally_wph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im trying to be healthier since last year I gain some weight. I wanna get rid of it so im trying to excercise and eat healthier foods.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    I want to have a more active lifestyle, help my asthma and skin be better, and just overall have energy! Carrying around these extra pounds is exhausting!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I started mfp a year ago and have lost 45lbs and reduced my body fat to around 18-19%. I'm giving a slow bulk a shot now while following Strong Curves. My goal is to add a bit of overall mass/definition.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I'm not training at all right now, I'm rehabbing a hip injury that stubbornly refuses to get better. I've got a long vacation coming up soon. Maybe in 5 weeks when I'm back home, I'll have had enough rest and recovery to get back on a lifting program.

Generally, the goals are to maintain my weight and live a healthy lifestyle. If I gain more definition and get stronger in the process, that's a bonus.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My goals are to be a faster cyclist, gain strength, and slow down the aging process.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I wanna do pole fitness competitions and try to compete in crossfit.
    Was gonna do my first pole fitness one 1th of October but I tore muscle and it set me back a bit.
    What about you? Any goals or competitions?
  • AntonMG95
    AntonMG95 Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What are you training for?
    To become the best version of myself. What that means to me is to work towards a body with enough strength and control to be able to carry out various of movements. I also aim to get used to be outside my comfort zone more frequently, to work towards the confidence and charisma I lack today.

What are your goals?
    In the beginning of my journey, I created a vision where I want to be and how much I'd be able to accomplish. Today I have fixed goals in form of various calisthenics movements or certain weights to hit in the gym.

What is your motivation?
    To some extent my motivation is the vision I created. However, at this point of my training I start seeing progress (thanks to logging sets, reps and calories). My small frequent achievements today is my most valuable motivation; seeing that I am able to move forward, on my own. Without having to feel dependent on someone or something.

I turned my motivation into a lifestyle.
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Got my first marathon in October
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Currently recomping, I am lifting 3-4x per week. Goals are to improve aesthetics and strength. Results are my motivation.
  • melissaschleier
    melissaschleier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm training to be a good example of my kids. They are only 3 and 1 right now, but that will change before I know it. I need/want to be able to keep up with them. I'm also doing it for myself. I'm tired of feeling like someone twice my age when I get up in the mornings, or even from my chair at work. I'm also tired of being disgusted with what I see in the mirror every morning. I had previously lost 80lbs prior to having kids, and now I weigh about 10 pounds less than when I started before. I did it once, I can do it again. I hope.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Fit life style!
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Training to be a better me
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Training at least partly for core strength! Any one doing similar feel free to add :)
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Training for sexy curves!! Long journey ahead but I'm committed and love my weights!!
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting. Hoping to do my first meet next year. I have some personal lifting goals I need to hit then I plan to sign up for one.