OMAD: Meal size

FastKeto
FastKeto Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
If you don't calorie count, how much does everyone eat during their one-hour window for weight-loss? The one average-size portioned meal that's recommended? if not, has it helped you lose weight eating until you're satiated? TIA!

Replies

• VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think most do calorie count. I do. I don't always stick to one plate (only been doing it a week or so) but mine have been 1200-1800 cals depending on what it is. Mostly it's in the middle around 13-1500. That's about what MFP says to eat for me to lose 2lbs a week being not very active (1500ish). This is also way less than I've probably ever eaten. When I was working out with lifting + cardio I could eat about 2000+ and still lose weight and inches. When I lose more and get back in the gym with lifting I will just up my protein probably.
    Oh and in the first 3 days I lost 4.4 lbs. I'll be weighing in again. But many have been successful doing this.
    FastKeto wrote: »
    If you don't calorie count, how much does everyone eat during their one-hour window for weight-loss? The one average-size portioned meal that's recommended? if not, has it helped you lose weight eating until you're satiated? TIA!

• AdalineIF
    AdalineIF Posts: 21 Member
    At 72 kg, I eat around 1.000 calories (I don't count, I eat until I can not eat anymore, and that is around 1.000 calories / meal.). If I'am also eating fruits (an hour before meal) I could get to 1.300. And weekly I have days with 2 meals a day (IF 20/4), total 1500 - 2000 calories. I listen to my hunger.
    Strong hunger is a stressor for me and triggers binge episodes, days in a row.

Eating so I've lost 1 kg of fat in 2 weeks (not counting 1.5 kg water weight in the first week).
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    I have MFP set to lose 1.5 lbs a week which is around 1500 cals. I try to enter my calories on the daily, but sometimes I don't, however I do eat until I feel full (not stuffed but full). However even when I have entered my calories and eat until full it's been 1500 cals or below.

Bobo
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    When I used to count cals, I set MFP at maintenance cals. My goal was to be under maint cals only. More was better but anything under maint was considered a success by me.

My eating window has been three hours (meaning I eat as I please during the whole three hours and not eat for an hour during the three hour window). I usually eat a protein drink and then eat dinner and then I will "graze" as I feel (trying to make sure I get in all food groups) during the 3-hour eating window (tell I go to bed). I try to fill up on vegs, fruit and other good stuff before eating the high carb stuff so I don't eat so much of the high carb stuff.

When I did count cals, I would usually put down about 1800 to 2500 cals a day. I also exercised 3-5 times a week. I was able to consistently lose weight doing that. I lost 3-lbs a week for awhile, then two, then one. I was cheating a bit then so I think that is one reason the weight loss tapered off. Then I took a 4-month break and did a 16:8. I gained 10-lbs back. Now back on the diet for July and Aug I lost the 10 and 5 more (about 3-4 lbs of that was food weight/water loss you get when starting this diet).

I've always eaten tell full in the evenings and felt that I needed to so that it would be sustainable for me. I probably could have lost weight faster with portion control but I don't think that would have been something I could have done for a long time. Eating to satiation each day has been very important to me. Fortunately, what I've been doing has still resulted in weight loss. If it hadn't, I would start my eating window later to take in less cals but I would still eat to satiation. If that didn't work, I guess I would have to do portion control.

I think apple cider vinegar really helps. I've been losing just a lb a week for a while and the last two weeks I've lost 2-lbs each week and the only thing I think I've done different is take ACV 3xday.