5:2 friends

Options
welshchick2
welshchick2 Posts: 22 Member
Hi All, After not weighing myself for 4-5 months, I finally plucked up the courage to do so and I have gained 8lbs back! this has got to go and another 4-7lbs after that. The good news is I lost 3.5lbs in my first week! it would be great to have some new friends to help encourage each other. Please feel free to add me but please include a message :smile:

Replies

• RoxianneM
    RoxianneM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week, and I'm losing weight. I didn't lose 3.5 pounds in a week, but it's been steady. More to the point, I'm not as bloated as I had been, my clothes fit better, and I feel better.
  • charlottetaylor123456
    Options
    Hello! I will add you, starting 5:2 from tomorrow although my first fast is Monday. Good luck x
  • charlottetaylor123456
    Options
    Okay I don't know how to add people but add me :) x
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First week on 5:2...first fasting day done...
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First week went well so far
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Good job @argos14 ! Some weeks are more challenging, but sounds like you're off to a great start! I'm one year in this way of eating and mostly at the maintenance level, so I'm more of a 6:1, but it always feels good to have a good solid fast day completed. Good luck and don't forget to drink your water :)
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Started 5:2 today. Feel hopeful this will work. Just can't seem to lose any other way. I'm hungry and nervous! Would love to hear some real success stories. Read the book, hopefully the hunger goes away !
  • helz_m
    helz_m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5:2 (actually 4:3) for a few weeks now. I'd love to friend others!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey there. I've been doing 5:2 or 6:1 over the past couple years and like it a lot. Anyone's welcome to add me and I'll try to help with stuff when I can.

People who are new to this: it works well, and the hunger becomes much less of a big deal in your mind as you get used to it. So uh, fret not!