Keto friendly coffee that's not........

Options
cami9273
cami9273 Posts: 15 Member
Hello, everyone! I am new to Keto and am looking for a way that I can still drink coffee. I tried the bullet proof coffee and just about threw up, so that's out the door. I don't drink coffee often but having a Keto coffee every now and again would be great! TIA

Replies

• littlefeet75
    littlefeet75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take mine with heavy cream and have adjusted to the no sweetener.
  • cami9273
    Options
    What kind of coffee are you looking for? Coffee on its own is keto friendly, add some heavy cream and whatever sugar free sweetener you prefer, if any.

Thank you! I didn't realize I could do just heavy cream.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever you want. You don't even have to add anything if you don't want. There's really no rules as far as must eat this food.. just don't eat too many carbs and eat real food fat sources.
    But, question about the bulletproof coffee when you made it... DID YOU BLEND IT? Lots of people don't know to do that. It's an entirely different coffee blended. Frothy and creamy.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I drink green and oolong tea for my coffee, as I don't like coffee. I dump MCT oil in it and eat butter with it. I can't do the mixed together part, though I'm pretty sure that makes a bigger difference. This has been working for me.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I do coffee with heavy cream for breakfast every morning. I like the BPC okay but I'm too lazy to make it and like just cream so much better!
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened soy milk, in the UK its about the same price as normal milk. I've also heard people use butter or peanut butter. I couldn't get the peanut butter to mix in properly though :/
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    If you're making it at home, you can make it with a tbsp or two of heavy whipping cream (I like to froth mine before pouring in coffee). You can add sugar free syrups to it too if you feel like something sweet. You can also try unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk.

If you go to Starbucks in the US, I just found out they are offering almond milk and it's 4 net carbs per cup which is their lowest carb option. So you could swap your 2% or w/e your normal order is to almond milk.
  • cami9273
    Options
    You can do whatever you want. You don't even have to add anything if you don't want. There's really no rules as far as must eat this food.. just don't eat too many carbs and eat real food fat sources.
    But, question about the bulletproof coffee when you made it... DID YOU BLEND IT? Lots of people don't know to do that. It's an entirely different coffee blended. Frothy and creamy.

I did blend it in my ninja blender.

• bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    What ingredients and measurements did you use in your BPC? Perhaps the measurements were off for your tastes. I drink BPC with 1 Tbsp grassfed butter, 1-2 Tbsp MCT oil which my brand is completely tasteless, 2-3 tsp heavy whipping cream, a dash of cinnamon. It doesn't have a very strong coffee flavor I think I need a darker blend coffee, also Kuerigs are notorious for not really getting the coffee flavor so on top of my granulated Stevia that I put in, I have also been putting in liquid English Toffee flavored Stevia. It's very tasty.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, with cream or with cream/sugar free Torani.