Weird pop up on android app

Is anyone else getting this? It happens only on this app in the forums and appears randomly. I emailed support but don't know when I'll hear back and was hoping to stop it from happening again.

d4dhflpwdo9e.png

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    yassss! It was irritating me thought it was my phone ! well it must be some issue with the app I have Android too
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I guess I'm glad it's not my phone but it is annoying hopefully it'll be fixed soon
  • kristamas
    kristamas Posts: 30 Member
    Me too!!
  • juliegayleh
    juliegayleh Posts: 25 Member
    Yup . Got it too. Thought it was my phone.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Looks like malware to me. Don't click on it . Might load a virus, if not already. Look in the app store for Avast anti-virus. That will take care of it.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    I thought it was my iPhone. It says congratulations IPhone user blahblah!! I always have to shut the page and fully close it out. Frustrating!!!! I wanted my android back...sorry it's happening to you guys too.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Searching on Google, it talks about the "Lucky Wheel " virus. Connected to something called "The GO Keyboard" or "The NEXT Browser".
    The recommendation is to remove All GO products and run anti-virus software.
    I have been using Avast for years. Solid Free protection.
    Hope that helps everyone.
    People who write this malware stuff should be summarily executed.
  • auntstephie321
    Searching on Google, it talks about the "Lucky Wheel " virus. Connected to something called "The GO Keyboard" or "The NEXT Browser".
    The recommendation is to remove All GO products and run anti-virus software.
    I have been using Avast for years. Solid Free protection.
    Hope that helps everyone.
    People who write this malware stuff should be summarily executed.

thanks I searched for those apps but don't have them on my phone. I wonder if its related to pokemongo, that's the only new app I have that my nephew downloaded over the weekend. I uninstalled that we'll see if that helps
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I don't have any new apps...not a single 'go' anything and it's happening to me as well.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Yes....I got it too! I also thought it was my phone and I had a virus or something weird...glad I'm not the only one.
  • auntstephie321
    I don't have any new apps...not a single 'go' anything and it's happening to me as well.

yeah and it only happens in the mfp forums for me, no other app does it. I downloaded that anti virus app and everything was good so I think its an mfp thing. i'll update if I hear anything back from mfp support
  • auntstephie321
    looks like they are aware of the issue, just found this thread, if you go to the 2 and 3 page its regarding this issue

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10154585/hijacking-pop-ups-on-mfp/p2
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I get it, too, very often. I don't cluck on it...iI just shut down the page and when I come on again, it's gone.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Grrr... and it vibrated adding a sense of urgency.
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    I just got it
  • SR_403
    SR_403 Posts: 13 Member
    So MFP's suggestion for this problem is to force stop the app or pay for the premium version. Not cool MFP. :/
  • auntstephie321
    SR_403 wrote: »
    So MFP's suggestion for this problem is to force stop the app or pay for the premium version. Not cool MFP. :/

They sent me an email response for more info, they are trying to locate which one of their advertisers is creating the issue
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    SR_403 wrote: »

FYI, you can get premium without paying, if you want to take the time to become a beta tester.

(It is a pretty quick and simple process to install the app or launch MFP in a web browser and run through the requested testing protocol, and you get 1 month free for each response. In 30 days' time, I've got one code in the on-deck circle and 5 more on the bench.)

But before I got premium, I tended to use a web browser - even on my phone - so I could use an ad blocker extension.

• auntstephie321
    Well they were gone for a bit now seems to be back with a vengeance :/
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Interesting, I have not seen on MFP but I usually run that on a Win 10 notebook. I have seen something similar on an Android tablet on a different ap and on a netbook (Win 7 upgraded to Win 10) while using the Chrome browser. I try to keep everything updated but for a 2 person household we have his & hers notebooks, his & hers tablets, his & hers phones, the netbook which gets used mostly as a computer for my go bag and 2 low end tablets so the grandkids don't use the "good" tablets. I can't wait for one of my grandkids to be old enough to become my IT department.