September 2016

Options
@NewOR2015 I already got up and exercised I am so nervous to tell my boss today. I was so calm about the interview. Probably because I wasn't putting my hopes on it. I just went in and was myself. My daughter had warned me they might ask me an odd question like what kind of animal are you and I had no clue what I would say even though I had given a lot of thought. The question they asked me was "What would your dream job be?" I got this smile and she was like you have to tell me. I said " I stay home and you just send me a check." She laughed and said "That's my dream job and I have been waiting for someone to say it!" LOL

My Mom called me last night and said that my computer friends have been the best thing to come into my life. I have to agree! <3

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Sooooo happy about the job change. I do hope your current boss takes it well. Think they will make you work out your notice? It seems lately I'm hearing of jobs telling them to go ahead and make the day of their resignation their last day. Friends of mine this has happened to have continued to be paid by the company until their "last day" would have officially been. Maybe that will happen to you. It never did me.

@1skholloway so glad you were able to mow. Last time I did, it started raining right as I ran out of gas. Of course, now it's time to mow again. I HATE going to the gas station with a stinky gas can in the car. Also proud to hear that you are doing some strength training. That's definitely a "good sore".

Alright everyone, it's September and my birthday month begins!!!!! I'm hoping I can stay on track until our cruise when I'll allow myself to splurge some, but not to the extint I have on othe cruises. It will be much easier since Chris is also watching what he eats. We plan on being quite active, but also allow ourselves to relax. Balony here I come!

Enjoy the day everyone!
    Cindy
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @blitzbis our store manager was great he told me a job is always waiting for me if I want to come back. My office manage slammed the door on me. I kind of knew what I was in for I have worked with her for 25 years and Have known her since I was a teenager. I knew what to expect I just didn't want to deal with it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Yep I am working out my notice it's a holiday week. LOL
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh y'all I think I may be losing my mind! I say that several times a day but I mean it a little more this time. Since I returned to my desk at lunch I can smell chocolate chip cookies baking. No one else can smell them. Someone may have heated something chocolate in the break room but my office is no longer by the break room. I put on the energy aromatherapy lotion from Bath and Body Works which has an orange scent to cover the chocolate scent. Occasionally I think I can smell odors that no one else can smell but that usually is fleeting. This is strange!!!
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @1skholloway don't really know what to say.... you crack me up though. It's amazing how much our minds can mess with us. Great idea trying to mask the chocolate scent with something else. Push right through.
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I can't imagine working with anyone one for 25 years. The only people I still know and interact with regularly that I have known that long are my family. I'm getting close with my friend Molly, but I've only known her for 16 years and much of that time we have lived in separate cities. I'm amazed at your stability!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    When I went 4 the interview I told them I was looking forward to the next 20 years. Lol. They thought nothing about it as it's a small town and people work places forever.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway -- I have very few male MFP "friends". If I get a friend request from a guy, I go to his profile and look at who his friends are. If they're all women, I do not accept. If it looks like he has a good % of male friends, I'll accept. ** Smells can be a big trigger. Good thinking with the lotion!

@2020pinktogo -- I'm one of those people who has had a number of different jobs and a couple of careers before retiring. The longest career I had was as a teacher, and that was for 8 years. :-) My briefest was a summer spent building artificial reefs for zoos and aquariums.

@blitzbis -- Happy Birthmonth! My sister also celebrates her birthday all month long.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Ok I got through today at work only because I am now counting down the days and I kept thinking tomorrow I am going out shopping. Granted everyone ditched me a couple hours early as they have lives and all I kept thinking was this is my last holiday. I can do this it's really making leaving easier the way they are treating me.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of mentioning to my rehab guy that my arms were sore after jui jitsu because I don't have the arm strength I used to to fight off armbars (simply because I haven't been fighting off armbars!) Now, while we do knee rehab I have to use weights etc to work on my arms at the same time...

@blitzbiz Happy birthday month! I also celebrate for ages!!!

Next month I hit 10 years at my current employer. Benefit of that is I get 30 leave days per year from then!!!
  • blitzbis
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthmonth wishes. So far, it's off to a great start!
    @2020pinktogo -how many more days until your last day? I can't believe people are treating you so poorly. I don't understand people who constantly want to keep others down. Of course, that says more about them than it does about us but it's always such a downer when that good ole Golden Rule isn't matched when we attempt to do that for others. So glad you are looking forward to the change!

@CaptainBoing be careful what you wish for, right? Just think of the toned and "unsore" arms you will have now that you are working them again. I think it's hilarious that he actually listened and acted. Those silly training professionals, don't they know we just want to gripe!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited September 2016
    Options
    today was shopping day WOO HOO!!!! I had a great day!!! Probably because I had my Xmas money still and I didn't have to add much to it to get loads of goodies. I got 3 pairs of pants 3 blouses a turtleneck one skirt and 2 dresses oh and one pair of shoes to wear with my slacks.

After working for 25 years I had 4 weeks vacation.. Once I get my year in I will have that back at my new job. I just take it from the source and I am literally counting down the days I have 3 left. LOL :)
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @2020pinktogo wow, i admire anyone who loves shopping. And even moreso someone who still has Christmas money left over in July.
    Let the countdown continue!~
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @blitzbis I was saving it to get something good and never found the perfect thing. Everyone gave me cash to buy clothes as I don't have any now I do. LOL the job I was in I thought it was ridiculous to spend a ton of money on jeans and sweatshirts so I just held on to it til something came up. Loandbehold something came up. ;) My mom is the same way my brother and sister give her gift cards if you give her cash more than likely you will get your cash back as a gift as she didn't spend it.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I'm still on my re-set program, and it's getting easier. Occasionally, I'll be making something and I'll think, "Oh, I should put X in it," them remember that I'm choosing not to eat X for the next two weeks! Big NSV-- went to a Labor Day BBQ on Monday and had absolutely no desire to have any alcohol!! Amazing! Srsly, I thought 30 days without wine would be tougher. Now I know I can do this!

@2020pinktogo --New job, new wardrobe. Sounds great! You probably feel pretty good knowing you made the right decision to leave your old job after the way they are treating you. Here's to greener pastures!!

@CaptainBoing --LOL. Is it your cute trainer making you workout more??? I would gripe about the workout to my trainer and he'd just smile and say, "It's for your health." Sometimes you can't argue with them! But, your arms are going to look amazing and be so strong. I've been using my trekking poles during my walks and afterwards my shoulders and triceps are pretty tired. I just tell myself that if I keep this up, I should have awesome shoulders and arms in 6 months. XD

@blitzbis--Speaking of countdowns, when is your cruise?!? Another great thing to look forward to!
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara 9 days and counting until my cruise! Things have been so hectic at the office I will be so excited to be absolutely unreachable for 7 days!

@2020pinktogo I completely understand waiting until you find the right thing. I wish I could teach that to Chris. He'll spend money on a new guitar or guitar equipment then later want to sell it to get what he really wanted all along. So frustrating. I guess I'm glad I don't really have a hobby like that so I don't have anything to compare that desire to. Well, maybe fitness but I don't spend that much money on it. I can usually tell when Chris has spent money on something without discussing it with me because he'll start finding things he thinks I would want. Very transparent.

Doctor day went better today. Actually saw all the patients prior to 3:30. Now to see when he gets done with his charting. Maybe we will be done before 6;30 this week.

Weight still dropping slowly. Feeling more pleased lately than I can tell you.

Happy Wednesday everyone
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara I do believe the trekking poles are going on my want list. My thing now is seeing where and how much walking i do once i start this new job. If I'm not outside much I won't be getting them. I have like a want list and the items have to be contemplated a minimum of 6 months. Is it something I really want or just a passing fancy. When I just buy on a whim I always have buyers remorse. @blitzbis that's the best thing about vacation is the fact no one can reach you.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 by the way all my new work clothes are in black, grey and blue lol my comfort colors. My mom kept going OMG you would think people who are a size 8 would wear some color. Oh well that's ok I can go back to my comfort zone for a while in my new fancy digs.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    P.S. My older brother is going for an interview today let's hope he gets good news too. the job he's at has a high turnover and those that stay don't retire they drop dead from the stress level. So as his wife is now in charge of their health insurance he can make a move.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I had to look up armbars @CaptainBoing I thought it was some kind of exotic animal you were fighting off. LOL :D Man am I clueless