Help with TKD foods pre workout

Options
I have scoured the internet for a list of foods that I should eat 30min pre HIIT workout and no one comes right out with the foods to eat. I read that Fructose is bad as it replenished liver glycogen, unfortunately I ate half a banana pre workout today before knowing this. I had the best workout I have had in a long time. My ketostix are still registering that I am in Ketosis. Can someone help me with a list of foods I can choose from. I have been doing very well and I am in Ketosis and I just don't want to screw it up but I can't do my HIIT without some carbs before. Thanks so much guys!!

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You want dextrose, fast acting sugar that goes to skeletal muscle ca 15 mins before high intensity. BUT, make sure you're really working out at a high enough intensity that you're actually burning off those carbs, or they defeat their purpose. For further info search r/ketogains. I also recommend experimenting a bit. Sometimes I forgot to pack in my bag and the performance hasn't suffered. So I'm guessing a placebo effect might also play in ;) Also the longer I've been in a keto adapted state, I find that my body is less reliant on refills even for very high anaerobic output.
    YMMV and good luck :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Spree and Bottle Caps are almost pure dextrose. Most candies have a buttload of fructose though, so just read labels.
  • littlefeet75
    littlefeet75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!