Biggest Challenges

Options
Share your biggest challenges here - what holds you back from reaching your goals? Is it the way you feel? That soda craving you get? The lack of motivation to work out? Is it a family member getting in the way? Let us know!

If you're feeling ambitious, add in what makes you feel most supported too so that we can help!

Replies

• livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Personally, my biggest challenge has always been not wanting to miss out on life. I'm worried I'll miss out on delicious foods and enjoying my life by focusing on getting healthy and avoiding all of those things I love. For me, it's all about remembering that I can still have the things I love, but in moderation.... It's important to me to live each day to the fullest.

But getting healthy means that I'll have even more days to live, and that's important too.

So, reminders of how it's still about each day, even if it's avoiding some things.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is my schedule. I work full time (8-5), and own a tattoo shop with my husband, as well as go to school full time online. So after work, i'm at the shop until 9, then homework until I go to sleep.

It is SO easy to just say, "hey, lets go get a burger", because at that point, i'm tired and lazy.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest challenges is eating out.
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is my schedule. I work full time (8-5), and own a tattoo shop with my husband, as well as go to school full time online. So after work, i'm at the shop until 9, then homework until I go to sleep.

It is SO easy to just say, "hey, lets go get a burger", because at that point, i'm tired and lazy.

First of all, it's awesome that you own a tattoo shop!! Wow! Plus, you're really working hard. That's admirable to say the least... But really, I totally agree about how easy it is to just want to grab some fast food and go with it... For real. It's a struggle. How can we best help you stay motivated? :)
  • smartin168
    smartin168 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge....eating at night. I have to make sure I eat something with protein before I go to bed because if I don't I will be up and into whatever I can get my hands on after about two hours. I, unfortunately, have to take medication that causes night eating and it sucks (pardon the pun). So, I leave room in my day for some cereal or the like to help curb that.
  • shnaz7
    shnaz7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Biggest challenge... trying to diet and maintain a social life.
    I'm pretty good at keeping my habits in check when I'm by myself. However, with it being summer, there are so many BBQs, birthday parties and drinking events where calories are in abundance. I don't know how to maintain a balance between keeping to my diet and having a good time with friends without restricting myself.
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is being at home. Its easy to snack on all the treats in the cupboards! :sweat: Plus atm im pregnant, i have my baby via c section on the 19th so getting back in the swing of lowering my calories will be a challenge for a while.
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Biggest challenge, is myself. Giving in to not doing it because I don't feel like it or whatever! I need to stop that! I have the tools and the knowledge, I just need to get my big butt off the couch!!!
  • 2111Cai
    2111Cai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would say my biggest challenge is rewarding myself with sweets. And sweets in general. Whenever I am doing well, I immediately look for a reward, and I tend to over-reward myself. Because once I eat one sweet, I want another.

The thing that makes me feel most supported is just people talking to me. I love to talk to others. So just sending me a quick 'hey how are you doing' message means a lot to me.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My biggest challenges is change in schedules. I try to plan my day so I get the right combos of foods to be high in protein and fiber and in the green for all the other macros. Then pans change. Because of this I try to eat a lot of protein in the morning so when ever the changes come or whatever the family wants for dinner I can participate. It use to be with portion control! (pies cookies and ice-cream who really wants to stick to one portion?)

My Husband is so very supportive so that is why I want to go with the flow when it comes to dinner.
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is my schedule as I work 12 hour shifts where I can't leave the building (I am an RN in a rural emergency dept) and work alone most of the time. I am then on-call for the other 12 hours of the day. I do this for 4 days in a row and then have 8 days off (unless I pick up extra shifts at the other sites I work at).
    I find it hard to get motivated to exercise after a shift as I am tired and my back hurts and if I do anything at work, I seem to always get interrupted. I have started doing yoga in the morning before work and it has really helped with my back pain. I also have started getting up every hour and walking around in circles in the building and doing stretches. I have a fitbit so am trying to walk 10,000 steps a day.
    I also have been finding it hard to stay within my calorie allotment when we go out of town as we will eat out and I love good food! We live a couple hours from the nearest community with a restaurant worth eating at (so that helps me not eat out every day! LOL). We usually go to town every 1-2 weeks depending on appts and such.