Substitution Central!!!

Options
KittyInBoots
KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Here you can do two things!

Post any low calorie substitutions you have either created yourself or read about elsewhere!
or

Ask for a substitution for something high calorie and hopefully someone will have an answer for you!

Replies

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I add my Mio 0 calorie flavored liquid to my water for extra taste there is no guilt in having that because there are no sugars or calories in it. I also use Crystal Light which is the original and the same thing. It was introduced in the 80's and has proven to be up to date today. It also has no calories and no sugars in it as well. It is an alternative to those sugary drinks you would get otherwise and has a lot of different flavors. My favorite go to is the Strawberry Watermelon by Mio and the berry lemonade by Crystal Light!
  • KittyInBoots
    Options
    I love that stuff, it saved me because I love sugary drinks! I used to drink like three glasses of iced tea a day... little did I know how many calories were in there. I still drink it but allow for cals now.

I use them every day!!! Highly recommend as well!
  • cassieodriscoll
    Options
    I have found that eating jelly (or jello for the Americans!) helps with my sweet tooth cravings and it's really low in calories (although I do get some weird looks eating a child's desert!!) You can add soda water to it as well (dissolve in hot water but only use half allowance and then use soda water for the remainder) to make it fizzy!!!
  • KittyInBoots
    Options
    I still love that stuff too! I will have to try this fizzy idea, that sounds really cool!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    You can substitute ricotta cheese as a low fat alternative to full fat cream cheese.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    I love that stuff, it saved me because I love sugary drinks! I used to drink like three glasses of iced tea a day... little did I know how many calories were in there. I still drink it but allow for cals now.

I use them every day!!! Highly recommend as well!

So good I have to buy more!!

• 120poundstogo
    Options
    I have found that eating jelly (or jello for the Americans!) helps with my sweet tooth cravings and it's really low in calories (although I do get some weird looks eating a child's desert!!) You can add soda water to it as well (dissolve in hot water but only use half allowance and then use soda water for the remainder) to make it fizzy!!!
    That is a good sweet tooth substitute as well!! Never thought to add soda water to it great idea!!