OMADic Weight-loss Beverages

Options
arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
We've been needing a topic on these, so I thought I'd put one up this morning while I'm lying around sipping coffee and washing clothes. These I used to drop the pounds, but still use just as a normal part of my life.

m6362be47b9y.png

We have spoken elsewhere about the benefits of the massively elixir-like organic apple cider vinegar, but here is more info on why you should drink dandelion tea and hibiscus tea.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    Options
    Not included: Maxwell House coffee and the occasional Starbucks, Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Big Red Zero, Diet Pibb, and Diet Pepsi since these are sporadically enjoyed.
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Each morning I've been drinking a 24 oz. serving of coffee with three Splenda packets and a serving of creamer (usually the good stuff like Bailey's). Prior to heading out the door, I powerslam 32 oz. of cold water to wake myself up. For dinner, at least every other day, I down a shot of Bragg's, and have been drinking at least one gallon of water per day. My wife is going to start making more tea as well.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been a mostly tea drinker for a year or so now, due to the deleterious effects coffee was having on my esophagus.

lke1a26a7zby.jpg
  • truediamond11
    truediamond11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    does apple cider vinegar helps in anything?
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    does apple cider vinegar helps in anything?

Yes, it does. It accelerates weight loss and lowers cholesterol.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Helps a lot with gout also. I have knocked down several attacks in a couple of hours with Braggs ACV.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ACV has nearly eliminated my acid reflux. No joke.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    M_Foote wrote: »
    ACV has nearly eliminated my acid reflux. No joke.

A guy at work totally cured his acid reflux with it and got off of meds.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start using ACV - on my day off, I get a small amount of acid reflux if I eat 2 meals. Thanks for this guys!! ;)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    It will help with weight-loss. I think you'll notice other changes, too.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    How do you take the acv? And at what time of day please ie with food or without? Grateful for your experiences!
  • arguablysamson
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For me, I do it about once with cranberry juice or apple juice every other week now. First two weeks of weight loss, it was daily at the meal, and then next two weeks, bi-daily, followed by twice a week for the next six months.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    that's great thanks, I keep forgetting to take it and then take it some random time!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    For me, I do it about once with cranberry juice or apple juice every other week now. First two weeks of weight loss, it was daily at the meal, and then next two weeks, bi-daily, followed by twice a week for the next six months.

Thank you :)
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have tried the ACV in a number of different ways, and I'm sorry but I can't handle it! Something about it makes me gag. Won't give up, but if any of you have found an acceptable way to get it down, let me know.

I have, however, come up with some satisfying beverages for my meals. I find that it is best for me to limit my beverages to meal times only, and to drink water the rest of the time. Otherwise it is too easy for me to start allowing myself to get off track.

For my breakfast I have a "Morning Mocha" which is 1 tsp. of pure cocoa, 1/4 tsp of instant coffee (too much caffeine makes me act like a squirrel), 2 squirts of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and 2 tbsp. of half and half in about 12 oz. of hot water. It's about 30 calories.

For lunch I have a "Lunch Lemonade" which is about 2 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and 2 squirts of the sugar-free vanilla syrup in about 12 oz. of hot water. This comes in at about 120 calories, but seems to do the trick to hold me over to my dinner where I get to eat real food.

• arguablysamson
    Options
    I have tried the ACV in a number of different ways, and I'm sorry but I can't handle it! Something about it makes me gag. Won't give up, but if any of you have found an acceptable way to get it down, let me know.

I have, however, come up with some satisfying beverages for my meals. I find that it is best for me to limit my beverages to meal times only, and to drink water the rest of the time. Otherwise it is too easy for me to start allowing myself to get off track.

For my breakfast I have a "Morning Mocha" which is 1 tsp. of pure cocoa, 1/4 tsp of instant coffee (too much caffeine makes me act like a squirrel), 2 squirts of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and 2 tbsp. of half and half in about 12 oz. of hot water. It's about 30 calories.

For lunch I have a "Lunch Lemonade" which is about 2 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and 2 squirts of the sugar-free vanilla syrup in about 12 oz. of hot water. This comes in at about 120 calories, but seems to do the trick to hold me over to my dinner where I get to eat real food.

Interesting adaptation. I, too, get sent up a tree with too much caffeine. And as I get older, it gets worse. Try rice vinegar with grape and pomegranite juice. Rice vinegar is easier and has a less offensive taste (slightly).
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Mio drops for a couple weeks now --- keeps me from hitting the sugar free Rockstar and Monster!
  • staciericardo
    staciericardo Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm new to OMAD. I've been drinking water, hot green tea with 2 splendas, and a diet soda in the afternoon. I sometimes drink hot tea a few times a day. I switch it up. I also drink vanilla chai, spiced chai, a lemon and dandelion detox tea, and peppermint. However, I splurged today and had a cup of coffee with Splenda and I used sugar free vanilla creamer. I know I'm not supposed to have calories during the day, but I sure missed my coffee. I'm on day 10 and that's too long without a cup of coffee. I just don't like it black. I do drink 2 tbsp of bragged acv right before my meal. I just drink it straight followed by water.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I have to be super careful with coffee these days. Gets me too amped up and I seem to have some low blood sugar from it. But, watered down and with splenda, it can work in a pinch.
  • jjrogalski73
    jjrogalski73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We grind our own coffee. The best.