Pokemon Go!

Options
2»

Replies

• geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk outside yesterday instead of going to the gym so I could hatch some eggs. Ended up hatching 4, two had about 1km left, and then hatched two more 5km eggs right at the end. 3/4 of the eggs were ones I already had, but I did get an Electabuzz from the 10km egg and caught a Bulbasaur and Tauros that were along my path. (Also like, 20 Magikarps. Almost 1/4 of the way to a Gyrados so far.

I really hope they come out with some sort of fitbit link or pedometer compatibility instead of just GPS. I know people would be able to probably cheat it, but I'd take it even for half distance, just so I can get some egg hatching progress done while I'm at the gym.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Read an article that it officially released in the UK today.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Apparently the more GPS signals there are in an area, the more pokemon will appear. I really want to catch a Haunter.

ive really noticed this!! Ill go downtown to a hotspot with a lot of people and ill catch 3x as much as a walk through a more casual part of town
  • Teweeesa
    Teweeesa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My bf is obsessed and it's great. We're getting out most weekends and spending a whole day just walking and sightseeing. I'm not that into it, but I'm enjoying getting out of the house.
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haha, my boyfriend had that too the first couple of weeks after release. We'd go out for a 30-60 minute walk every evening and on saturday we'd usually spend half the day just walking around. It was great to finally get him out of the house and have some company! Sadly, the hype has died and so has his interest to go out to play. Shame!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Anyone still play this? And if you do have you noticed a dramatic improvement since the last upgrade like I have?
  • AlienMoon32
    AlienMoon32 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was super into it when the fad wagon was barreling through. Now I have slacked off due to the winter weather but will probably start again come spring.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    (Reviving an old thread) I am still playing, level 30 and only Hitmonlee left to go in my Pokedex (other than the legendaries and region locked). It really gets me motivated to walk, even after all this time.
  • Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I still play, but I don't go out for it anymore, only play it when I'm going out anyway. The Apple Watch app has been a great addition though! I don't have to keep my phone open all the time anymore.. I can just open it on my watch and spin the Pokestops on there. Only when I see an interesting Pokemon I'll have to take out my Phone. Hatching lots of eggs this way!