Variable hunger

Options
I don't know what brought it on but today I was absolutely starving for no apparent reason? I had a very high fat day and ended up eating almost 3000 calories! Yikes. Anyone else have super hungry days or is this something to do with adapting to the WOE?

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes, i have hungry days once in a while where I just want to eat constantly. On those days I stick to low-carb snacks (fat bombs, pepperoni, cheese, BPC and the like), and try not to overdo it. I also try to drink more water to make sure my "hunger" isn't really thirst in disguise, and to help me feel full.

Those days for me are normally balanced out by days where I'm under my calorie goal and feel perfectly satiated, so I don't worry about it.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yep, I totally have days like that. I try to keep carbs low and not stress over the calories. I had that problem for a week not too long ago.
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well glad to know you guys have experienced this too. My carbs were only 26 for the day. I've been shooting for a max of 40. I'm planning a bike ride tomorrow so hopefully that will offset some of it. I will try not to stress over it B) , thanks everyone.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My hunger levels varies. Some days I eat a lot other days I am way under. When I look at my food intake over a week, I usually see that my high and low days cancels each other out.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I have random hungry days. I eat more those days and usually find a not very hungry day isn't too far behind. It evens out in the end I think!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have hungry days (like yesterday and since I've already started in today, I assume today too lol). Seems to coincide with what historically would have been my period time of the month (that I don't even have anymore since I had hysterectomy in May, so of course tracking it is kind of a pain) but I've definitely noticed - and wrote it down! - the last couple of months especially. I just keep my eating low carb these days even if I'm over on everything else.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just eat what I feel I need as long as it's low carb - if that's an extra 200 cals of cheese followed by steak and mushrooms so be it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yep, hungrier days come! This is why we say not to sweat the unhungry days! Hang in there, and eat some fat!
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Phrick that's a good point, since I had my hysterectomy I still have 'waves' of hunger too? Maybe that's all this is? Weird. It is seeming to last through today as well :# I ate a fat bomb w/peanut butter and cream cheese. Soooo devine. I've been outside for several hours today cleaning my car and it's not hot but warm, been sweating so I may be getting dehydrated.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yep, I totally have days like that. I try to keep carbs low and not stress over the calories. I had that problem for a week not too long ago.

All weekend long I had this issue and that whole thing about not stressing? Yeah...I've stressed. Today I'm trying to kick it back into gear.