fybogel??

Options
Since starting lchf eating my fibre intake has been quite low now im trying to rectify this however at the moment i am taking fybogel my question is do i count the carbs in this becauae it works out to 7g a day which is quite a big chunk out of my 35g!!! Thanks guys xxx

Replies

• KetoGirl_ZC
    KetoGirl_ZC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to increase fiber? If it is plumbing problems, I'm sure there is a long thread with suggestions but I can't find it. Maybe someone will hunt it and share.

I do not know what fybogel is but if it is some kind of laxative and that high in carbs I wouldn't use it. Have you tried supplementing magnesium?

Fiber is not a case of the more the better and not all fiber is the same. Leafy greens with a generous drizzling of virgin olive oil will probably help you and are a much better use for those carbs.

::flowerforyou::
  • dannie2483
    dannie2483 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to increase fiber? If it is plumbing problems, I'm sure there is a long thread with suggestions but I can't find it. Maybe someone will hunt it and share.

I do not know what fybogel is but if it is some kind of laxative and that high in carbs I wouldn't use it. Have you tried supplementing magnesium?

Fiber is not a case of the more the better and not all fiber is the same. Leafy greens with a generous drizzling of virgin olive oil will probably help you and are a much better use for those carbs.

::flowerforyou::
    thanks for the reply, yeah its a plumbing problem lol and according to mfp im only getting 12g of fibre a day so thought i should sort it with fybrogel which ia a high fibre drink (not a laxative) but i rekon ur probs right i shall try get more greens in me xxx

• Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - stopped taking it before starting low carb - got fed up with it as difficult cleaning glass residue, etc.

I now take Benefiber - which is great - two teaspoons is not even 1 gram of carb (0.598 gr) and 3 grs of fibre, it can be dissolved in soft foods or drinks and is tasteless.

I bought recently 3 jars (3 for the price of 2) for £10 in Tesco but it is available in Boots too. A jar lasts ages.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    For me, fiber is the source of plumbing problems. The less I get the better. I went carnivore and probably get maybe 3-5g fiber any given day and now I'm going daily again with absolutely no issues at all. I even had to reduce my magnesium supplements a bit when I first switched over because they were making things too loose.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    For me, fiber is the source of plumbing problems. The less I get the better. I went carnivore and probably get maybe 3-5g fiber any given day and now I'm going daily again with absolutely no issues at all. I even had to reduce my magnesium supplements a bit when I first switched over because they were making things too loose.

Same here, fiber kills me. When getting enough mag I have no issues if I'm higher carb and feel backed up I take a little more mag
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate works best for me.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Coffee! Or...

Magnesium supplements! Or...

Magnesium supplements with bulletproof coffee! lol that last one fixes all my plumbing issues.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Same here, fiber kills me. When getting enough mag I have no issues if I'm higher carb and feel backed up I take a little more mag

That's exactly how I handle that too. Sometimes I just want a whole plate of broccoli, but I know I'll need extra mag so the fiber doesn't do it's thing on me.
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use mct oil in my bulletproof coffee and it really works for me. My fiber intake is usually 5 grams or less a day.