Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OKL chart/guidelines?

Curious if anyone else is following the OKL chart/guidelines for their macros? I started Aug 1 with them and am down 11.2lbs.

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    I eat less carbs & protein.

>:) or o:)

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I eat slightly fewer carbs and 3/4th the amount of protein. My fat intake is within the range given. As a calorie counter, I am nearly smack dab in the middle of the range stated so that seems sensible also.

Thanks for sharing. Always nice to have another confirmation/option. Looks OK to me. Seems to be working for you so stick with it!
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Yup. For me carbs are a limit, protein is a minimum and I stay to the bottom third of my fat range. On most days my protein and fat are about the same. Down 17 lbs in 12 weeks. Slow but steady and just diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    My macro goals are 60% fat, 25% protein and 15% carbs. I've lost 9.5 lbs and I started almost four weeks ago.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    That seems to be about the macros I was eating when I used to track it. It looks like the same as one of the keto calculators would suggest.
    I eat considerably fewer carbs now that I'm more carnivore though.
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. There seem to be so many versions of LCHF and Keto. I didn't realize that when I started. Was just curious if others were following the OKL chart too. I have actually done really well on it but am starting to stall now. But, I think that also is a result of not tracking (or weighing and measuring) as much as I was at first. Need to get meticulous about it again.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    My macro %'s fit within in now (after switching over to maintenance), but my macro %'s changed at least 4 times over the past 2 years and I don't think my macro %'s fit the chart prior to maintenance.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Haven't heard of that chart before, but my macros/cals pretty much fit in there. I eat more carbs though now, especially if that's total carbs, not net carbs. The chart has 26 g, but I'm generally around 35 total carbs, 25 net.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I am less carbs, more protein, and more fat. I don't think protein and fat matter nearly as much as carbs. If you get those right, the other two macros will [almost] naturally be right.