Newly Diagnosed

Options
Good morning, everyone! I was diagnosed with Celiac and Lactose intolerance this year. Needless to say, what an overwhelming change! I already have an allergy to Soy and have been off it for a few years. Unfortunately most Gluten Free products seem to contain soy. So, I am reaching out, asking for support and suggestions. I have found very little support in my local area and have just started seeing a nutritionist. Has anyone had success or have tips that may make the day to day more manageable? I'm also finding, trying to go out and socialize is very difficult. Thank you for the time and I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Sheila :smile:

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila, I don't have much to offer but am wondering a lot of the same. My live-in boyfriend was just diagnosed as celiac three days ago and so far we've been going through labels on all our packaged foods and googling things etc. Eating out and going to friend's houses will be the biggest challenges I think. Any advice people have would be great. We live in Canada so a lot of the store and restaurant suggestions I see don't apply here.