made my own low sugar cocktail sauce

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Why didn't I know how easy that would be until now?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have forever made cocktail sauce with ketchup+lemon juice+horseradish. What do you use to make it low carb?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I occasionally use reduced sugar ketchup from heinz. It's got like 1 carb per tbsp (14g) and tastes pretty dang close (and still better than other brands, to me).

That plus the extra hot horseradish plus a little squeeze of lemon juice is low-carb, I would say.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I have forever made cocktail sauce with ketchup+lemon juice+horseradish. What do you use to make it low carb?
    Low SUGAR. I use the Heinz nic mentions below. And added lemon and extra hot horse radish. YUM.
    I occasionally use reduced sugar ketchup from heinz. It's got like 1 carb per tbsp (14g) and tastes pretty dang close (and still better than other brands, to me).

That plus the extra hot horseradish plus a little squeeze of lemon juice is low-carb, I would say.

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I make everything now dressings sauces its all easy why didnt I know this
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm a tomato sauce nut. I pour it over every damn savoury thing I eat. I make a keto friendly one very often. IMO, tastes better than the store bought. The flavour is much more intense. :smiley:
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a tomato sauce nut. I pour it over every damn savoury thing I eat. I make a keto friendly one very often. IMO, tastes better than the store bought. The flavour is much more intense. :smiley:

Recipe, please? Pretty please, with (no) sugar on top?
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Recipe, please? Pretty please, with (no) sugar on top?

410g tomato puree
    2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
    2 tablespoons Swerve
    1/4 teaspoon Psyllium Husk

Place all the ingredients except the Psyllium in a pot over medium heat. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. Whisk in the Psyllium husk and remove from the heat. Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Lasts 7-10 days.

Makes 1.5 cups with less than 1g carbs p/serving (1 tablespoon being a serving)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Grazie, @Shadowmf023!