Meetings and Recovery

Options
Hey!

So I talked with my sponsor this evening who told me that I should be going to one meeting per day (AA), for first ninety days of my sobriety. I take care of my child alone on the weekdays because my spouse and I work in different places, and I cannot swing this with my work schedule. Is anyone else battling to be able to get to meetings? Do you go to meetings, and if so do they help you along? I've been doing group and individual therapy for almost a month now, and I still have some skyrocketing anxiety. I want nothing more than to kick my addiction once and for all, lose the 25 extra pounds the drinking put on me, and not have to walk around like I have a fist in my chest every day of my life. I am hoping the anxiety will subside soon. I will be sober a month next Tuesday. What are your thoughts, and do you suffer from sober anxiety?

Replies

• Vonnarh1979
    Vonnarh1979 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I suffer from sober anxiety and PTSD. Yes, I go to at least 1 meeting a week. Its hard to make it everyday. When I first got clean I went 4x a week tho. Talk to ur sponsor about ur feelings on this. Usually my sponsor knows what's best for me.
  • Vonnarh1979
    Vonnarh1979 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job on the clean time! That's awesome!