Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Carbs are hiding EVERYWHERE

TMski1000
TMski1000 Posts: 48 Member
I am really looking at labels these days... I was craving something other than Water/Diet soda yesterday so I thought Ice Tea would do the trick.. The gas station had peach tea(I loved this growing up) I picked it up to check the Carbs per serving... 45g!! WTF 45gs of Carbs in a dang DRINK -- INSANE -- Unsweetened was the way I ended up going. LOL

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Yep.... Truth.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    I found Clear American Sparking Water (I've only found them at Wal Mart) they are 34 ounces, only $0.88 here in East Texas, no carbs, no caffeine and tons of flavors. I'm drinking blackberry right now, but there are even flavors like coconut, kiwi, and cherry limeaid. The sweetener though, for those of you who can't handle some of them, is aspartame. Not the best sweetener for the masses, I know.
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I found Clear American Sparking Water (I've only found them at Wal Mart) they are 34 ounces, only $0.88 here in East Texas, no carbs, no caffeine and tons of flavors. I'm drinking blackberry right now, but there are even flavors like coconut, kiwi, and cherry limeaid. The sweetener though, for those of you who can't handle some of them, is aspartame. Not the best sweetener for the masses, I know.

I'm drinking their Golden Peach right now...my current favorite.
  • auroralaura69
    auroralaura69 Posts: 15 Member
    I stick with plain seltzer and sometimes lime squeezed in.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Attention Walmart Shoppers
    xozcjbmzb4qd.jpeg
    My favorite of all the Walmart drinks :)

>:) or o:)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Nice! I just found a bunch of different Kroger versions of those drink mixes too. The Cherry/Limeade energy one is my favorite so far.

http://cdn.foodfacts.com/images/products/214250.png

Right now at my desk at work I'm drinking crystal lights blackberry lemonade drink mix and it's pretty good too. Helps me get my water in!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @KenSmith108 . Thanks for that. I know where I'll be walking tomorrow and what I'll be trying.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    "Vitamin water" has 31 grams of carbs. 31 grams of which is sugar. It's ridiculous.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    UGH tell me about it @Sabine_Stroehm ! And people are tricked every day into thinking it's healthy. How terrible is that?
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Was using Mio and similar....
    They all use sucralose for a sweetener.
    Mixed reviews about it on the Internet.
    Then I left some in the water bottle at work for a week while I was on holiday.
    Got back and there were "things" floating in the water.
    Looks like it solidified into lumps of stuff.
    Now I am not sure about ever using it again....