Hypo and Disappearing Eyebrows

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
I don't know if anyone else is dealing with this, but my doctor told my hypothyroidism can can your eyebrows to thin or stop growing. This happened to me. My left eyebrow on the side near my nose was completely bald. I would pencil it in, but it didn't look very good.

I did some research and found this thing called Revitabrow on Nordstroms.com. It's pretty expensive ($110) but it absolutely works. Took about a month but my eyebrow has grown back and looks completely natural.

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My left eye brow is not as full or long as my right eyebrow so thanks for the info! I have been using wunder brow to fill it in.
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Weird, I was literally just thinking about making a topic from the other perspective. My eyebrows have been the same size and thickness for years, then since being hypo I've had to start plucking them again? My eyelashes too, I used to have these tiny little thin eyelashes and now there super thick and long.

Also my toenails, NEVER had to cut them before. They'd just break off. Become hypo, start on levo and boom! suddenly I have to cut my nails. :o
  • Krislynell
    Krislynell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimo's bounced aroun from 100mch to 200 mcg levothyroxine, now on 112.5 mcg) and started losing my eyebrows in my 20s. They are there but very thin. My doctor has actually told me that thin hair, thin eye brows and dry skin can help him look at a person and almost know they have a thyroid issue.