Another Runner 5 returning

Options
Lulaica
Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
I used to be super active with ZR, back when it used the legacy app, and I've off and on been into it. I'm back though, using it to do my morning cardio workouts (set to 20 minutes, easy chases while I get back into exercising). I've got about a week and a half left of season one, and then I'm into season two (excited!). The goal is to work into fully running again (I currently only run during chases, then want to increase to run during music portions, then story portions, and finally the whole time) and participate in one of the virtual races (hopefully there's one Spring 2017). :) So just saying hi to my fellow Runner 5's.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Some have suggested doing the race missions after season 1 and before season 2 because it makes more sense apparently on the story to do it that way. Currently, I finished season 1, have done the Abel race missions for 5K, 10K, and most of 20K (will come back to finish it later). Next, I plan to do the New Canton race missions before starting season 2. Just what I have heard...
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I followed the 5k training earlier this year to the point I was able to run a full 5k without walking. This was a huge accomplishment for me as when I started I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds. After that I did the first few missions of season 1 and did the Spring Virtual Race.

Then I got ill, fainted, hit my head and got a concussion, making me unable do almost anything besides just laying on the couch. I've been back on my feet for a little over 2 months now and started properly working out again 2 weeks ago, so I think it's time for me to get back into running too. I'm afraid I've lost all my progress though, so I'm considering running the 5K program again to get back into it. I kinda want to continue with the main app to finally get into the real story, but I don't think I'll be as disciplined to run longer/futher each time if I don't follow drills. What to do, what to do...
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I was really big into running, I liked using the main app and just breaking down sections, especially since there's a lot of ways to customize the runs. And some audio portions are longer than others (especially in radio mode). I find it easier to work through the story in the main apps, especially since weather and traveling causes a large number of missed days, so I'm always playing catch up.