edited September 2016
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    Look what I found in Aldi today.....Looks interesting

Hrrrmmm........ noun missing? :/
  • Laurashar34
    Laurashar34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose it was ready made cauliflower rice? I was shopping there today and was very exciting to see this on offer. I also managed to pick up up some courgette spaghetti...always a fan of quick cooking fixes!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    There's no picture. What did you find?
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ha! They found NOTHING!!! Get it?

Seriously, what did you find?!?
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I often find nothing when out shopping.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    6li0b92rzsvp.jpeg

Doh! Didn't notice picture hadn't come through! Bacon jam....
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Ha! They found NOTHING!!! Get it?

> Doh! < :s

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't buy the coconut cashews
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    6li0b92rzsvp.jpeg

Doh! Didn't notice picture hadn't come through! Bacon jam....

Ooooh! Is it actually low carb or sugary? Say it's low carb, say it's low carb....
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I'm betting that it's not LC friendly at all. Did you look at the ingredients and the nutritional data breakdown on the container...? Would love to see a picture of that!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    I'm betting that it's not LC friendly at all. Did you look at the ingredients and the nutritional data breakdown on the container...? Would love to see a picture of that!
    I googled it didn't give nutrients but had ingredients listed with brown sugar but who knows how much
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Found it, UK item http://m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=274544743

Lots of recipes online to make it low carb, might be worth trying.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It is a serious JAM (SUGAR) it's not uncommon around here. Don't buy it unless you want to blow your carbs out of the water and store the lovely fat that's included in the package, lol >:)

I'd try making it low carb with some recipe if you find it, good luck. I have had it before and it IS awesome, but not LC :( 1 Tbsp has 5g carb almost all sugar.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    This site isn't editing properly: here's a keto bacon jam recipe, not as pretty as the maple syrupy, carmelized oniony usuals though, because there is more fat. But that's a good thing :)http://www.ruled.me/keto-friendly-bacon-jam/
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    This site isn't editing properly: here's a keto bacon jam recipe, not as pretty as the maple syrupy, carmelized oniony usuals though, because there is more fat. But that's a good thing :)http://www.ruled.me/keto-friendly-bacon-jam/

Ooooh!! bacon jam with cofee and whiskey in it?! You're my hero. Thank you! <3
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    The Bacon Jam by Eat 17 ingredient list:

Cooked Onion (Onions 97%, Virgin Olive Oil 3%), Cooked Bacon (19%) (Pork Bellies, Salt, Preservative (E250), Antioxidant (E301). Made with more than 220g Raw Pork per 100g finished product), Apple Juice, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Sunflower Oil, Bourbon, Maple Syrup, Salt, Garlic, Treacle, Red Chilli, Black Pepper, Rosemary, Coffee, Thyme

(I most likely wouldn't use this because it contains apple juice, white sugar, maple syrup & brown sugar)
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and all those giving in put there after! I saw this too and was tempted to buy it, glad I didn't now!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Why does it say "By Eat 2017" instead of "Eat By 2017"!? Sorry, really bugs me :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Why does it say "By Eat 2017" instead of "Eat By 2017"!? Sorry, really bugs me :)

That's not the best buy date, you never preprint a best buy date on a label. I suspect it might be the company that "invented" it: By Eat 17 (my best logical guess)

BTW this has been at Trader Joe's as well for quite a while and if you don't know Aldi and Trader Joe's is owned by the same company. This is where my foodie insider knowledge comes in handy. :)