4 years out and still trying...

Options
Hi! I'm Lori. I am 4 years out from having had gastric bypass surgery. I have lost 80 some pounds since my surgery. I basically need support, suggestions, ideas, friends, to help me get kick started so to speak. I am disabled due to a low back injury and the only exercise that I can do is basically walk, which I do because I have 2 Shih Tzu's and an 8 month old German Shepherd puppy. So, with that being said, I walk at the very least 5,000 steps a day. I have not been able to track all of my steps because I will forget to grab my phone or it is charging the battery. So, whatever advice anyone can offer to me would be wonderful. Oh, and I never really feel hungry. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Lori

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello, This is the right place to get support with staying on track. The only exercise I do is walk because like you I have dogs and I have a responsibility to exercise them. Sending you a friend request.
  • asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 years out and I don't feel hungry perse. Just this odd sense of emptiness, and then I get this tight feeling if I wait too long and know I need to eat. What gets me (STILL) is head hunger.
  • lorigug9364
    lorigug9364 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't get either really. Not much or that often. Do you go by the amount of calories that they tell you to eat on here or a revised amount of calories?
  • nakeddog
    nakeddog Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love having my fit bit one., I researched all of them, and happy I picked it. I have 3 dogs as well, Cavalier, Chinese Crested and an Old English Sheepdog. I don't walk them nearly enough, and 5000 is better than what I currently get. I use to have a great chiropractor, and seeing him made life so much better, but he moved. I haven't found one to replace yet.

I've read about resetting yourself? Not sure what that is about, but to get weightloss stalls is common. Usually a change will kick start it back. I have not had the surgery yet, sorry I'm not helpful.
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had VSG done in May, 2015. I am down 80 some pounds give or take. I still have nearly 100 to go to reach my goal. I am pretty inactive and hope to improve on that. Most days I can stay below the calorie goals with my normal eating. I indulge and can still stay under! My Nutritionist has me between 1000 and 1200 calories but wants me to get in 80-120 g of protein daily and that is hard. I work at lowering my carbs, and even then try to choose healthy ones over the breads/crackers and popcorn.
    For activity, I am riding my recumbent stationary bike...at least 2X a week, although I have done as many as 6X a week. My goal is 4X right now. I wear a fitbit HR ALL of the time and am monitoring steps daily. My goal is set at 6,000 currently but most days are under 5. I have only ONE SINGLE TIME reached over 10,000 in a day and that is over this full year and 1/2!!!! I welcome any help/friends that want to work on this and challenge one another on this.