Pokemon Go Buddy

Options
SusanMFindlay
SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
Just wanted to make sure everyone had heard about the feature they added in the latest update (yesterday). Go to your profile and you can pick one of your Pokemon to be your "buddy" and walk with you. For every kilometer it walks, it gets a candy of its type. So, we may yet be able to evolve our MagiKarp. Mine has already flopped 13 km in two days! :-)

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It actually varies on the pokemon. Ghastly is 1 candy to 3km.
    My nephew really wants a gengar. This is going to take a while.
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So, we may yet be able to evolve our MagiKarp. Mine has already flopped 13 km in two days! :-)

I'm also taking my Magikarp out for walks! But yea.. flopping sounds more accurate for whatever he does to get around :P
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It depends on what egg they would come out of, so 1k per candy for 2k egg hatchlings, 3k for 5k and 5k for 10k.

This may be the turning point that makes me actually move considerably more!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    And we're taking our Weepinbell. So it kind of hovers.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I was buddies with magikarp but I earned enough so I kicked him to the curb. Now I am buddies with magnemite and have 9.7 km left to evolve him.
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oishii wrote: »
    It depends on what egg they would come out of, so 1k per candy for 2k egg hatchlings, 3k for 5k and 5k for 10k.

Not entirely true. Starters come from 2km eggs but take 3km for one candy.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm buddying around with one of my Snorlaxes, as I have three others that I want to beef up.
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    All of a sudden, MagiKarp is getting 1 candy for every 1/4 kilometer. I'm assuming this is due to the last update. Also, I'm now getting 6 candy per catch instead of 3. Were people complaining about the slow grind for candy? I'm finding stardust much more limiting.

Also, I've noticed that campus is suddenly teeming with Ghastly and Haunter. I even caught a Gengar today (which I hadn't even had the candy to level up to yet). Also, piles and piles of Cubones. I wonder if this is in honour of Hallowe'en?
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden, MagiKarp is getting 1 candy for every 1/4 kilometer. I'm assuming this is due to the last update. Also, I'm now getting 6 candy per catch instead of 3. Were people complaining about the slow grind for candy? I'm finding stardust much more limiting.

Also, I've noticed that campus is suddenly teeming with Ghastly and Haunter. I even caught a Gengar today (which I hadn't even had the candy to level up to yet). Also, piles and piles of Cubones. I wonder if this is in honour of Hallowe'en?

Yup. Ghosts (and a few others) for Halloween. I caught so many Ghastlys and Cubones last night in just an hour downtown. Candies for trading, catching, and hatching are doubled, and buddy candies are 4x. At least through Monday.

I don't know how accurate this list of increased spawns is, but it says that it includes: Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Drowzee, Hypno, Zubat, and Golbat. I've personally seen the same amount of bats, but have definitely seen the others at least on radar if not caught. I've also seen an increase in Cubone, Marowak, and Meowth.
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    Yeah, the Drowzees are up too. It's hard to say if I'm seeing more bats because there are always a ton of bats. Same for the cats.